At Mindgrub, we aspire to build technology that unlocks human potential. Our mission is to produce work that makes lives better, jobs easier and helps businesses thrive. The Talent Acquisition team is at the forefront of attracting, engaging and retaining individuals who are passionate about creativity and innovation. We provide a best-in-class experience for candidates and teams, and our culture and people are integral to our growth and success.
As the Director of Talent Acquisition, you will be an agile and innovative thinker who demonstrates an ability to align talent strategy with business strategy. You have a passion for staying current on industry trends and leading technologies to bring about transformation. You have experience as a talent leader with the ability to guide others by setting clear expectations, delivering open and honest feedback, providing skill and career development, and identifying opportunities for growth. You also possess the confidence and poise to influence internal stakeholders and executives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evolves talent strategy to align the growth needs of the business with the strategic goals of the department
- Embraces current talent acquisition practices, identifies gaps in existing processes and recommends solutions for improvement
- Develops a recruiting strategy to identify qualified candidates, to evolve recruiting processes and to meet hiring goals
- Leads workforce planning and pipeline building to support anticipated future needs
- Defines KPIs that measure the success of recruiting and hiring efforts across the organization
- Establishes strong rapport with candidates, hiring managers and direct reports
- Partners with hiring managers across the organization to understand business needs and position requirements
- Collaborates with managers to identify, interview and hire prospective talent
- Conducts full cycle recruiting for all positions, including sourcing, pre-screening, negotiating and closing
- Pre-screens qualified candidates using technical and behavioral interviewing techniques
- Acts as an advisor to hiring managers, ensuring that best practices for assessing and interviewing the best qualified candidates are adhered to
- Utilizes the Applicant Tracking System to assess, modify and implement processes that benefit prospective candidates and hiring managers
- Analyzes data to effectively and measurably make informed hiring decisions
- Provides recommendations on compensation based on market data, industry trends and salary bands
- Establishes vendor relationships and manages partnerships with staffing firms to augment staffing needs
- Leads and participates in cross-functional projects and initiatives across the organization
- Partners with Marketing on communication and branding strategies around recruitment
- Stays abreast with employment legislation and ensures that hiring managers are briefed and comply with state and federal guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle talent acquisition, hiring creative, technical and management-level employees
- 2+ years experience leading and managing teams
- Passion for the industry and the organization’s ongoing workforce needs, leading and influencing team members, hiring managers and executives
- Well-rounded knowledge of recruiting, staffing and compensation practices
- Ability to lead in a complex, fast-paced organization with resiliency for ambiguity and change to deliver the highest quality outcomes
- Success growing and managing teams within a hybrid organization
- Experience staffing accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Advanced understanding of Applicant Tracking Systems and HR Information System platforms
- Proficiency in problem-solving, recommending approaches, methods and solutions
- Effective communication and influencing skills, professionalism, integrity and presence
- Excellence in time management, able to support multiple, concurrent deliverables independently
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with prospective candidates, hiring managers, executives and external partners
- Extensive knowledge of legal requirements for recruiting and hiring compliance
- Thirst for knowledge and desire to learn more!
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice! (ask about our Covid policy)
- Not your typical office: rock climbing wall, board games, treadmill desks and a dog-friendly workplace
- Free access to Premium Calm app Subscription
- PTO available when you start
- Dress for your day with a flexible schedule
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, phone and gym stipends
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events and Committees to join (e.g. Adventure club, Fun Committee, DEI Committee, Mindgrub Meet Ups and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!