Mindgrub’s Project Management Office is seeking a top-notch Scrum Master/Project Manager to lead the conception, production, and delivery of Agile projects. This individual will drive the high quality and effective execution of client engagements through its entire lifecycle, focusing on facilitating team collaboration and project/ process health.
We’re seeking to fill the position with a detail-oriented, confident, critical thinker, who enjoys working closely with team members to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and more importantly, will keep clients coming back for more!
As a Scrum Master/Project Manager, you will collaborate with a dynamic in-house team of engagement directors, product owners, user experience architects, designers, engineers, quality assurance testers, and marketing experts, to deliver products that you will be proud to add to your repertoire! Depending on project priorities, your daily contributions may include, stand-ups, internal communications, set up and tracking of deliverables, reports to stakeholders, removal of project impediments, and from time-to-time, putting on your “brain” cap to ensure processes are a well-oiled machine.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading cross-functional teams through projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Daily collaboration with internal team members to communicate project health and adjusting priorities
- Thinking critically to offer solutions that will improve the project process and health
- Proactively acknowledging roadblocks and ensuring team members remain unblocked
- Facilitating daily stand-up and bi-weekly planning meetings, creation/ maintenance of project backlogs, accurately tracking iteration tasks and proactively identify risks
- Developing and managing project administration, including status reports, resource allocations, production schedules, tracking of budgets, invoicing, and reporting
- Facilitating touch-points with the project team to review progress and quality of work
- Keeping JIRA boards up to date and ensuring teams are working efficiently and are set up for success
- Partnering with Product Owner to understand project requirements and providing status updates on existing projects, communicating concerns to teams as necessary
- Assisting the Engagement Director in negotiating tradeoffs to meet budget and release schedule
- Implementing and improving best practices throughout the project life cycle
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in project management and/or Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager role in software industry
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Prior Agile environment experience is a must
- CSM or Agile related certification is preferred
- Ability to adapt project management methodologies to engagements
- Experience working on an array of technology projects, including web and mobile
- Understanding of websites content management platforms (e.g. WordPress and Drupal)
- Proficiency in Project Management tools, such as Basecamp, Confluence, Jira, Slack, and Smartsheet
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for reviewing creative and content
- Excellent time manager, able to support multiple, concurrent deadlines independently
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Strong, servant leadership style with team-oriented mindset and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to lead well under pressure to deliver the highest quality outcomes
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable speaking during internal/ client meetings
- Proficient in communicating, translating dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Proficient in problem-solving, recommending approaches, methods, and solutions
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more!
- Work remotely or in the office - your choice (ask about our Covid policy)
- Not your typical office: rock climbing wall, kitchen, board games, Taco Tuesday
- Free access to Calm!
- Dog-friendly workplace
- 1 day of PTO available when you start
- Dress for your day
- Phone and Gym stipend
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!