Mindgrub’s Project Management Office is seeking a top-notch Lead Project Manager to facilitate the conception, production, and delivery of high quality projects. This individual will drive the high quality and effective execution of client projects through its entire lifecycle, focusing on facilitating team collaboration, project and process health.
We’re seeking to fill the position of Lead Project Manager with a detail-oriented, confident, and critical thinker, who enjoys working closely with all project team members to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and more importantly will keep our clients coming back for more!
As a Lead Project Manager, you will collaborate with a dynamic in-house team of engagement directors, account managers, engineers, designers, user experience architects, quality assurance testers, and marketing experts, to deliver the highest quality products that you will be proud to add to your repertoire! Depending on project priorities, your daily contributions would include, stand-ups, internal communication/ meetings with project teams, tracking the progress of deliverables, status updates/ reports to stakeholders, removing impediments to ensure successful project execution, and from time-to-time, put on your ‘brain” cap to ensure process is a well-oiled machine.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily collaboration with internal team members, Account Manager, and Engagement Director to communicate project health and adjusting priorities
- Thinking critically to offer solutions that will improve the project process and/ or project health
- Proactively acknowledge roadblocks and ensure all team members remain unblocked
- Acting ScrumMaster/ Agile Project Manager to facilitate daily stand-up and bi-weekly planning meetings, creation/ maintenance of project backlog, accurately track iteration tasks and proactively identify risks
- Development/ management of project plans, timelines, budgets, reports, and necessary project documentation
- Facilitate multiple touch-points with the project team on a bi-weekly basis to review progress and quality of work delivered by the team
- Lead a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Assist the Account Manager with documenting the needs of the client and translate them into requirements
- Assist the Engagement Director in negotiating tradeoffs to meet budget and release schedule
- Implement and improve best practices during the project life cycle
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Strong servant leadership style
- Proficient in problem-solving and conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods
- Proficient knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies with the ambition to become certified in agile methodologies
- Proficient in communicating internally, and externally as needed, translating dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Ability to lead well under pressure to deliver the highest quality deliverables
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking during internal/client meetings
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to oversee project teams and fully independently manage multiple projects with limited to no assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of project management/ account management experience, agency experience preferred
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more
- PMP, CSM, Agile- related certification or equivalent is preferred
- Experience working on a wide variety of digital projects, including web and mobile
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and Smartsheet
- The position will allow you to work remotely or on-site in our Baltimore office and will require you to manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
Inclusivity without exception | At Mindgrub we value and encourage mutual respect and acceptance. We know we all have something to contribute. We work every day to ensure all are welcome, and that we treat all people with fairness and dignity.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!