Who you are
You produce bold, inspiring digital experiences for businesses that matter and lead others to do the same. You’re excited by a challenge and always strive to create great products and experiences.
You listen, learn, think, and make. You usually measure twice and cut once, but know that it’s sometimes important to leap without looking.
Clients and colleagues look to you for advice. Your work earns their respect and achieves larger goals.
Collaborate. Drive our projects forward with great design. Work with a skilled team, supported by engagement directors and in partnership with other designers, account managers, strategists, project managers, developers, and our clients. You will be a steward of Design Thinking, guiding others along the way.
Engage. Serve as a design lead on assigned projects, where your input will be direct and essential. Take responsibility, directing and producing work on deadline and getting support from the team when needed. You won’t have direct reports on day 1, but you’ll lead peers and junior team members to achieve results.
Support. Guide colleagues using the wisdom and insight you’ve cultivated. Elevate our design work and ensure it has a substance by directing the team toward a realization of your design vision. When not the lead, stand behind your colleagues on projects and help strengthen their vision.
Experiment. Learn from colleagues and the industry. Find opportunities in your day to push boundaries. Play, explore, and define new methods. Learn from mistakes and victories, allowing both to inform your work.
Make. Move fluidly and with confidence from leading execution of a design vision, to creating sketches, comps and style guides, to hands-on production for web and mobile projects (and the occasional print piece). Lead the discovery process on some projects, and create everything from wireframes and sitemaps to fully composited designs.
We’ll also expect you to:
- Help clients diagnose creative problems.
- Translate brand guidelines to a digital context.
- Lead executive level client presentations.
- Support and learn from others when needed.
- Take the lead on projects when called on.
- Hold yourself and others accountable for delivering on deadline.
- Stay committed to raising the bar for creativity and quality.
- Consistently produce work that’s relevant, and that you and your clients are proud of.
- Stand up for your own work and accept constructive feedback.
- Constantly learn about the industry and our clients’.
- At least 3 years of digital experience.
- Experience with design methods inclusive of brand development, user experience design and visual design.
- Portfolio inclusive of non-academic work.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and/or Sketch, at least two major CMS products (Wordpress, Drupal, etc), iOS and Android.
- The Mindgrub headquarters are open, though most of the Mindgrub team is working remotely. Our ideal candidate would be able to be in the office most days of the week after the pandemic.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!