The Payments & Risk team is looking for a Manager of Payment Operations.
The company owns and operates multiple industry leading and internationally recognized platforms offering digital goods and recurring subscriptions in the high risk sector.
You will be responsible and accountable for continuous improvement of all aspects of payments processing. The Payment Operations team’s mission is to maximize the capture rate of new customers globally by offering competitive and industry leading payment solutions. We strive to retain recurring subscribers to our various products and services by continuously optimizing billing processes while maintaining a delicate balance with risk mitigation and regulatory compliance requirements.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in card-not-present e-commerce, subscription-based billing models, global local payments systems in addition to managing relationships with partners such as card acquirers and other payment processors.
What you’ll need to be successful:
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to optimize existing payment processes and consumer conversion, investigate issues, and minimize overall friction and declined transactions.
- Design and monitor reports and dashboards that capture deep insights into the business through leading and lagging indicators, visualizations and early warning mechanisms.
- Identify, build and own operational relationships and systems across partners in acquiring banking, payment gateways, payment service providers and others.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Products and your team to lead business initiatives and payments functionality.
- Define key payments requirements throughout the Lifecyle of a transaction (e.g. checkout experience, back-end reconciliation, vendor requirements, etc.) and provide monitoring, reporting and impacts to conversion
- Review and optimize existing payment processes, monitor and investigate issues, identify any bug that needs to be addressed and track issues to resolution
- Leverage a team of analysts to work with available data and perform analysis, create, monitor, and improve payment metrics.
- Participate in strategic growth initiatives and planning.
- Analyze a high volume of transactional data while ensuring processing and risk metrics are being upheld.
- Ensure ongoing and effective communications between internal and external partners to align on strategy, concerns, and issues.
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization (engineering, data science, finance, sales, legal, and others) to build a best-in-class payments ecosystem.
- Provide operational support during the launches of sales promotions, new payment solutions, technology, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics or engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in hands on experience with payments processing or payment operations.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership or management role
- Previous success stories of optimizing payments flows and metrics
- Deep understanding of payments regulations, settlements, reconciliation, requirements, and best practices
- Able to perform under pressure and in critical conditions.
- Experience working with multi-region teams
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content