We are seeking a Lead SQL Architect to help our growing team in the Data Warehouse Services team - a backbone of data at our company! The primary responsibility associated with this role includes performing ETL from disparate data sources, writing complex and optimized SQL queries, handling data warehouse tasks and server maintenance.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of database administrators to ensure integrity, performance and reliability of all enterprise database systems.
- Develop and support architecture solutions related to MS SQL and Azure resource technologies
- Maintains database by determining structural requirements
- Design and develop ad-hoc /scheduled reports and dashboards for various business units
- Develop, coordinate, manage release, permission and enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system
- Document and communicate database schemas, using accepted notations.
- Develop or maintain archived procedures, procedural codes, or queries for applications.
- Develop load-balancing processes to eliminate down time for backup processes software to enhance database performance
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming
- Design and develop ETL processes and unit tests in a data warehouse environment
- Perform minor DBA tasks if needed (Indexing, Query Tuning, Manage Database security, etc.)
- Analyze and document BI needs and its processes
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in a relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL with minimum of 5+ years of experience in MS SQL 2005 or above
- Good communication skills and experience in leading a DBA team
- Familiarity with Azure cloud technology (Azure Cloud Platform, Azure SQL DB, SQL Manage Instance, ADF, Synapse, EventHub, Stream Analytics, Storage Accounts, Azure Monitoring, Azure DevOps)
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures / Functions
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Nice to Haves:
- Basic Knowledge of HADR technologies (Replication, Log shipping, etc.)
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content