This position reports to the Data Privacy Manager. The successful candidate will support the Data Privacy group on a wide range of assigned and special projects, such as the execution of routine privacy audits, data-infrastructure risk management, security controls, policies and research reports. The candidate will facilitate development, implementation and monitoring of compliance with policies, international standard practices and privacy regulatory frameworks around the world
What you'll be doing:
- Review, manage and respond to data subject rights requests.
- Manage and respond to data subject complaints.
- Maintain, review and audit ROPAs.
- Process, implement and monitor Data privacy impact assessments (DPIAs).
- Collaborate with internal teams advising on privacy related matters and ensuring adherence to internal policies and privacy laws.
- Respond to internal ad hoc privacy queries.
- Ensure the implementation and ongoing review of procedures and policies related to data privacy.
- Support the ongoing data privacy training initiatives and help develop further the data privacy culture throughout the business.
- Research and prepare guidance of the business impact of proposed changes in data privacy laws and practice.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of the privacy practices, data governance and data-risk management.
- 2+ years of experience working in data privacy compliance or related field
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree (Information Security, Computer Science, Law, Engineering)
- Sound knowledge of European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of GDPR, and emerging privacy regulations
- Knowledge of global privacy regulations e.g. CCPA/CPRA , standards, and frameworks, in particular, in Europe, Canada and U.S.
- Familiarity with technical concepts e.g. Web applications, relational database, cloud computing
- Previous technical writing experience will be considered an asset
- Understanding of information security aspects , methods, and data protection
- Professional certifications in privacy e.g., CIPP/CIPT, risk management, or audit is a plus
- Inquisitive, self-starter who can work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical approach and attention to detail with good organizational skills
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content