As a Linux Systems Administrator within a fast pace high traffic environment, you will be responsible to support and improve a production and development infrastructure for many development teams having complex and industry leading methodologies and technologies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support and improve many hybrid production infrastructure environments for more than 15 development teams handling 100+ products, 10K+ domains and Billions of hits day.
- Help developers solve complex technical problems for multiple stacks and environments.
- Architect and plan improvements of a multi-datacenter development environment.
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping.
- Advocate and help development teams to migrate their services to more automated and elastic infrastructures leveraging best-of-breed technology (Cloud, Kubernetes, Serverless, etc.)
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics for all our environments and services.
- Promote and implement proper CICD strategies and practices.
- Help develop and ameliorate critical cloud-based shared services serving many Products.
- Support and augment the coverage of our Infrastructure as Code (IaC) setup.
- Mentoring junior DevOps in gaining experience and follow best practices.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- A love for making things efficient and reliable
- Experience working as DevOps or Systems Administrator working with Linux environments for several years
- Understanding of scalability patterns applied to infrastructure architecture for high traffic systems
- Great knowledge about the 3 major Cloud providers offering and real experiences with at least one
- Familiarity provisioning servers, virtual machines, and services with VMWare or equivalent
- Able and willing to help developers debugging intricate issues
- Not afraid of the command line, scripting and configuring applications such as Web Server, Load Balancers, etc.
- Experience with managing highly available DB clusters and cache systems
- Good understanding of networking and infrastructure setup in a web hosting/delivery environment (DNS, HTTPS, WAF)
- Able to debug and code (in Python preferably)
- Good understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery models and best practices
- Kubernetes experience
- Familiarity with configuration management and/or orchestration tool such as Ansible
- Knowledge of monitoring processes and tools
- Self-sufficient, excellent communication and great time management skills
Nice To Haves
- Advanced experience with ElasticSearch
- Advanced experience with Percona Server for MySQL
- Experience managing Gitlab server instances
- Having deployed applications on Kubernetes on all major cloud providers
- Professional context switcher
- Natural leadership
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you will be exposed to adult content