As a Product Manager for Search & Recommendation you will be central to shaping the vision that guides the future of our globally recognized brands. In this role you will be responsible for improving the search experience for more than 100 million users every day!
Search and Recommendations on our video sharing platforms are at the core of the content discovery experience. Our users need great systems that guide them to great content, enable chance discoveries, and help them to spend less time browsing and more time enjoying videos they love.
In this highly-visible role, you will have the opportunity to work with world-class engineers and data scientists who are leveraging cutting-edge machine learning technology. Your work impacts every part of the customer experience, including the homepage, search results, autocomplete, related videos and trending queries.
Our team is fast-paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a passionate advocate for great user experience, especially in search
- Create a compelling vision for the next generation search and recommendation systems
- Define our search strategy, key problems, and opportunities
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to brainstorm and design appropriate solutions
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Drive alignment
- Manage roadmap
- Be an articulate and persuasive communicator, as both a writer and a speaker, who uses data to support your arguments.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience with consumer internet products or marketplaces
- Exceptional ability to work cross team and effectively communicate with teams in Content, Design, Product, Data Science and Engineering
- Passion for creating a great consumer experience
- Strong disposition for data-driven product development
- User-centered, design-thinking mindset with an ability to bridge technical and business worlds
- Vision: Strong intuition on customer problems and needs
Nice to Haves:
- 2+ years working with machine learning engineers and backend engineers with a good understanding of algorithms
- Search related experience is strongly preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content