The Director of Total Rewards, Payroll and HRIS is a ‘hands on’ leader, responsible for the overall Total Rewards and Compensation strategy. This includes the development and execution of all related functions and programs to ensure alignment with the company’s values and to support the goal of being an employer of choice.
Reporting into the Vice President, People and Culture, the Director of Total Rewards will lead and inspire an HRIS Specialist, the Payroll team and will be accountable for the Total Rewards Strategy, Payroll execution, Health & Wellness Strategy, Benefits, Pensions, Compensation, Immigration, Merit Process, Career Framework Design, Job Levelling, Evaluations, Short Term and Long Term Incentive Plans.
In this leadership role, this position ensures all total rewards programs are competitive, scalable and sustainable to ensure they optimize the company’s ability to attract, retain and reward top talent. Working directly with the senior leadership team including CFO, CEO, CPO, Brand leaders and broader Human Resources and Finance teams. The Director will collaborate with all levels within the organization to ensure effective support in all matters related to payroll, compensation & benefits practices and policies.
What you’ll be doing:
Benefit, Payroll, HRIS Management
- Lead the administration of the annual compensation and benefits programs including salary increases, incentive plans and benefits enrollment
- Provide oversight to the processing of the company’s payroll ensuring accuracy of all employee data and all payments
- Oversee and lead the HR technologies, including Ceridian and DayForce as well as any new system
- Benefits management, including claims resolution and communicating benefit information to employees
- Build strong relationships with third-party vendors, and benefit carriers
- Oversee the disability management process, STD and LTD applications and other programs to ensure timely return to work
- Provide consultancy, assistance and follow-up on corporate HR policies, processes and practices
- Support day-to-day HR issues arising in the departments, including ad-hoc employment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee retention and others
- Incorporate business priorities into the HR agenda and drive human resources and organizational targets and critical metrics
- Analysis of job descriptions and market value jobs within established ranges
- Review salary survey data and submit reports to ensure competitive salary structures
- Complete annual reviews of compensation bands to remain competitive
- Participate in external compensation surveys
- Develop compensation modeling as required by management
- Assist in year-end compensation processes including salary increases, bonus payments and sales compensation payments
- Responsible for the management of short term and long-term incentive plans
- Lead the development and maintenance of compensation administration guidelines and ensures compliance with legislation, as well as company policies and procedures
- Conduct compensation research and remains current with compensation-related legislation and best practices
- Preparing reports and presentations based on analysis, research, and findings
Future Design Work
- Strategize, and recommends best practices regarding compensation philosophy/ programs including competitive salary structures for both hourly and salaried employees, executive compensation design, bonus programs, sales compensation plans, and compensation procedures/policies/regulations (Total Rewards)
- Ensures continued compliance with all legislative requirements including the maintenance of the Company’s pay equity programs
- Completes job evaluations and liaises with management to ensure proper interpretation of compensable factors
- Continue to develop job structure levels and pay bands
- Help create the Total Rewards roadmap
- Develop total rewards statements
- Provide oversight as well as build a structure to implement a new company wide HRIS. technology, ensuring HR data is managed in consideration of industry best practices.
- Work closely with internal immigration expert to ensure that:
- the proper processes are in place to support our current employees in immigration processes including
- We can support hiring on an international scale
- Work closely with third party vendors in relation to immigration
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience in a total rewards leading function within a large nationwide corporate environment.
- A minimum of 3 years in a senior leadership role
- Strong understanding of HRIS systems and best in class processes to support Total Rewards, Payroll and broader HR processes. (Ceridian Dayforce preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to influence decision makers.
- Excellent technical skills, including both the Microsoft Suite and Google Suite and mail merging.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including employment standards and accounting.
- Strong payroll knowledge, including proven ability to lead the payroll team in the administration of Total Rewards Programs.
- Team player, effectively lead a team - working with all levels of the organization, including supporting a greater Human Resources team.
- Working with many layers and multiple compensation and incentive programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking.
Nice to Have:
- Multi-unit and multi brand experience an asset.
- Experience leading or working closely with L&D.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content