As Manager, Payments Standards & Regulation, you will be responsible for identifying, following, and making recommendations resulting from existing, new, or upcoming regulatory or compliance requirements related to e-commerce payments. Recent examples include SCA in Europe, MasterCard MAC response codes, or the ongoing development and release of state-specific ARL laws in the US. Our organization processes predominantly recurring subscriptions in an industry categorized as high risk. This means that you will need to have and develop specific knowledge and understanding of the nuances between this industry and other mainstream industries. You will be operating within the Payments & Risk team, working closely with our Legal, Strategic Planning, Engineering, and Product teams to plan, track, and evaluate initiatives and business adjustments relating to regulatory or card scheme (VISA, MasterCard) compliance and operating standards changes.
The Payments & Risk team ensures our platforms can successfully accept all types of payment methods from our consumers while maintaining compliance with all card scheme and other regulatory standards. The team develops strategies to optimize purchase approval rates to provide best in class and uninterrupted service to our consumers, while keeping cardholders and other payment account holders safe via advanced proprietary engines and an extensive network of service providers to reduce and eliminate transactional fraud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and develop a small team of experts specializing in e-commerce payments-related compliance and adherence to card scheme merchant operating standards, regulatory standards, and upcoming regional or global legislation.
- Stay up to date with new card scheme standards and leverage new information to contribute both compliance requirements and optimization strategies to our transaction processing platform.
- Ensure monitoring and assessment of any strategy implementation whether for optimization or compliance, presenting results on a periodic basis to your management team
- Study and understand the regulatory landscape for both high risk and recurring billing-based business models, globally but primarily in the principal regions where the company does business: North America, Western Europe, and other primarily English-speaking countries.
- Work with the legal team to track and understand ongoing litigation relating to e-commerce payments and how it might impact MG business units. Propose mitigation strategies and define the requirements for implementation.
- Work with your supervisor, the Sr Director of Payments, and your peers including the manager of payment operations to ensure expectation and alignment internally and with our external payment processing vendors and partners.
- Track legislation which could or will change e-commerce payment standards, especially in relation to adult-content oriented websites.
- Identify and propose if appropriate, partnership or membership with relevant agencies or organizations.
- Use data regularly and systematically to identify successes or areas of improvement with any integrated strategy, or to quantify how the business would be impacted by any proposed regulatory, legislative, or other payments-related changes.
- Participate in payment industry and association event/panels/groups
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5-10 or more years’ experience in the payments operations industry
- 3+ years specialized in a role relating to payments standards or regulation
- 3+ years in a Manager or Director level role within payments operations
- Familiar with PCI compliance guidelines and standards
- Strong understanding of the EU’s SCA initiative
- Ability to effectively leverage data to present insights and make decisions
- Experience in a large global organization
- High level of comfort dealing and interacting with Engineering, IT, and software development teams
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content