We are the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. Be a central part of an exciting development team that is designing and building lean and scalable solutions aimed at making the Internet a better and safer place for everyone! Join the challenge of working on technologies and tools that will improve the quality of Internet experience for users around the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee and lead the globally distributed development team responsible for architecture, development, and maintenance of microservices, APIs, and applications build around PHP (Symfony framework), Golang, Python, and other languages.
- Work with the Technical Director to define and direct the plans and execution of the technical roadmap.
- Participate in requirement gathering and elaboration processes, ensure timely delivery of quarterly and yearly initiatives.
- Help your team to exploit full potential of diverse backend technologies, leveraging real time pipelining of big and secured data. Work with caches, messaging queues, databases, and diverse in-house and third-party systems.
- Review and validate architecture with the leads and architects.
- Act as a liaison between the product stakeholders and engineering team, offering advice and taking part in the business decisions.
- Foster team spirit and the ambiance of learning and growth by interacting, driving, coaching, and successfully delivering.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 6+ years of related work experience, at least 3 years in leadership or management position; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and development processes, modern technologies used in web development, as well as modern cloud concepts.
- Proficiency and experience with SOA design, production, servicing, and maintenance.
- Past experience with Docker, ELK, RabbitMQ, Redis and GitlabCI are nice to haves.
- Understanding of computational and data complexity, scalability, security.
- Being technically-leaning – a big plus.
- Strong technical and / or software architectural background, hands-on past experience in microservice development – an asset.
- Great communication and problem-solving skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to give structure to ideas.
- Quality-oriented approach - understands software quality and know the right tools and metrics to ensure that quality drop is prevented.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In this role you may be exposed to adult content.