We are seeking a Design Manager to work on our very highly trafficked video sharing platforms.
The Design Manager is responsible for developing the people on his team; working with the business to understand what it needs from the design team; and identifying opportunities or creating new products. He enjoys project planning and resource management for a program of design work. This is an amazing opportunity for a multi-disciplinary designer to collaborate on user experience, brand identity, and user interface design. You can expect to be working primarily on web and mobile digital projects, in close collaboration with the Design team, the Product Managers, and the Developers to create interfaces that align with usability best practices. You can expect a great degree of autonomy and opportunities to use your artistic ability on products that reach millions of people daily.
What you'll be doing:
- Coach and inspire a multidisciplinary team with roles related to the creation, design, and conception of customer experiences.
- With your team, work to design features that bring new value to customers and help us develop stronger relationships.
- Lead recruitment, mentoring, one-on-one meetings, performance reviews and individual career and development planning.
- Anticipate and manage problems and take the necessary actions to resolve them, act proactively to remove obstacles
- Participate in the definition of policies, procedures and best practices in terms of design and strategy.
- Promote design principles and best practices for user experience.
- Render graphic elements using traditional tools, multimedia, image processing and design software
- Champion usability and perform quality control on designs
- Ensure consistency with branding and marketing efforts and help to establish design guidelines for future product developments
What you'll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of UI/UX design experience
- Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, AdobeXD, andFigma.
- Education in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction or related design program, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to design full websites (PC, Tablet & Mobile)
- Knowledge of Illustrator and CSS/HTML5 is an asset
- Good artistic approach
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and prior experience in a UIUX team
Nice to haves:
- Experience in an Advertising company
- Photography, Photo Editing
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content