This position reports to the Data Privacy Manager. The successful candidate will support the Data Privacy group on a wide range of assigned and special projects, such as the execution of routine privacy audits, data-infrastructure risk management, security controls, policies and research reports. The candidate will facilitate project planning, development, implementation and monitoring of compliance with policies, international standard practices and privacy regulatory frameworks around the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Conduct privacy and security research and analysis
- Conduct DPIA’s and Data Mapping
- Handle responses to data subject requests
- Conduct compliance audits and report on identified risk
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of the privacy by design and default strategy, data governance and data-risk management.
- Support monitoring and implementation of system/processes development for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Assist with the development and delivery of privacy metrics
What you'll need to be successful:
Your solid understanding of current privacy standards, risk management and data governance as well as knowledge of upcoming privacy laws will prove critical to your success. Your familiarity with popular web development languages and platforms will give you an advantage ramping up for this extremely rewarding position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles and ethics of the organization
- Understanding of international and European data protection laws and practices
- Experience conducting the Record of processing activities and DPIA
- Understanding of data protection principles
- Ability to interpret and analyze data/documentation
- Basic understanding of databases (relationships between tables, primary key, foreign key etc.)
- Understanding of the specification of new developments/products to be able to understand the privacy risks and propose solutions.
- Be able to support, monitoring and implementation of system/processes development for privacy and data protection compliance
- Ability to identify privacy and IT issues and associated mitigation
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree (Information Security, Computer Science, Law, Engineering)
- Experience working on Internal Audits, especially in the context of Data Privacy regulations and security of systems
- Knowledge of U.S. and European privacy laws, regulations, and best practices
- Experience with ePrivacy and General Data Protection Regulations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Previous technical writing experience will be considered an asset
- IAPP (CIPP, CIPT,CIPM) or other Privacy certification will be considered an asset
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content