If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest websites and have your work seen by millions every day, this might be the job for you. We’re looking for a Lead PHP that will take part in all stages of the web development life cycle.
What you'll be doing:
- Closely work with managers and POs to ensure that the proposed technical solutions lead to the desired outcome
- Constantly evaluate and provide feedback regarding existing or future technological approaches, as well as their associated risk/rewards.
- Push for quality, stability and productivity in all facets by enforcing and tracking relevant KPIs
- Maintain correct timeline estimations by anticipating potential technological hurdles and contribute to project planning
- Execute proof of concept and research and development projects based on suggestions from management or the architecture team, taking into account complexity and availability, and present the outcome to the rest of the stakeholders.
- Mentor teams in order to increase understanding of the core stack across the team.
- Enforce methodology through which effective code and architecture reviews can be executed, with a focus on security, scalability and resilience
- Articulate complex technical concepts in ways that audiences from diverse disciplines can understand
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
2+ years of experience in a Team Lead or similar role
- Strong experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Having good knowledge of all phases of SDLC with expertise in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Designing, and Development & Testing
- Experience with building highly available and scalable systems
- Experience with various web related technologies such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Memcached, Message Queues, Docker, Composer, etc.
- Excellent understanding of SOLID principles and clean coding standards
Nice to Have:
- Experience with monitoring performance of distributed services, i.e.: load, health, etc.
- Experience with automated code quality assessment mechanisms
- Experience with automated testing methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, from definition to implementation
- Experience with protocols such as gRPC and ProtoBuf
- Great interpersonal and coaching skills
- Has production software currently in use at high availability and with high traffic
- Experience with various application deployment, scaling, and management solutions, such as Mesos + Marathon, K8s
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
In this role you may be exposed to adult content