We are creating the most loved baby brands in the world.
The Million Dollar Baby Co. designs and sells the best baby furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious, highest quality cribs to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry.
Here at MDB Co., you will have infinitely more opportunities to make impactful, strategic decisions for our company versus a typical large corporation.
Based 15 minutes east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a uniquely transparent family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day, have time to pursue personal interests and make an impact not only to our company and our customers but to each other as well.
I hope that you visit our parent site at milliondollarbabyco.com to read articles about us from Inc. and Bloomberg as well as see pictures of our office and what our culture is like!
As a Buyer at Million Dollar Baby Co. you will be an integral part of our Purchasing Team. You will manage our purchasing efforts by analyzing historical sales trends, current inventory levels, and forecasted demand. You will need to thoroughly understand vendors’ capabilities, ordering constraints, and processes. Collaborating regularly with IT, Sales, Branding, and other stakeholders, you will be able to impact MDB Co. in continuous improvement initiatives through your own contributions!
What you'll be doing (including but not limited to):
- Engage and work alongside vendors to obtain desired products
- Monitor and analyze sales records, trends, vendor and factory production schedules and shipping schedules to forecast consumer buying patterns and forecast sales and inventory
- Partner with Warehouse team to manage and allocate incoming inventory effectively, including analyzing overstocks, understocks and inventory value and monitoring inventory flow, inventory demand, and vendor and factory production
- Collaborate with the Sales and Branding Teams on planning for customers’ projected needs and preferences
- Serve as liaison with the Hong Kong office to optimize purchasing and inventory flow
- Maintain Purchase Orders (PO) workbook and issue POs in accordance with multiple variables including lead time, demand, forecasted projects, inventory level, sales expectations, and quality control factors
- Manage POs for replacement parts including most requested models/items/parts
- Review and approve vendor invoices for the Accounting Team
- Complete any other duties and projects that may be assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Positive attitude and a passion for excellent execution
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent project management and organization skills to be able to work across stakeholders to push various initiatives forward
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player who is eager to learn, improve, and help others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); knowledge of SQL and ERP systems is a huge plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Companywide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products