We are creating the most loved baby brands in the world.
The Million Dollar Baby Co. designs and sells the best baby furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious, highest quality cribs to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry.
Here at MDB Co., you will have infinitely more opportunities to make impactful, strategic decisions for our company versus a typical large corporation.
Based 15 minutes east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a uniquely transparent family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day, have time to pursue personal interests and make an impact not only to our company and our customers but to each other as well.
I hope that you visit our parent site at milliondollarbabyco.com to read articles about us from Inc. and Bloomberg as well as see pictures of our office and what our culture is like!
It’s a dirty job, but somebody’s gotta do it! We are looking for someone that enjoys cleaning and is awesome at it! You will keep offices, kitchens, bathrooms, and the entire facility in a clean, tidy, and orderly condition. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on facility upkeep and with a keen eye for detail and diligence in keeping the offices presentable at all times.
Essential Functions for this role:
- Remove all trash, recycling, and shredded contents, ensuring that trashcans are empty and clean
- Clean and maintain kitchens - make coffee, clean appliances, re-stock amenities, etc.
- Wipe down work areas, including desks, telephones and computer monitors
- Maintain the cleanliness of conference rooms
- Wash and sanitize all restrooms and restock disposables
- Sweep, vacuum, mop the office floors
- Sweep outdoor walkways
- Other duties as requested
- Water office plants
- Check and maintain light bulbs
- Wipe down all surfaces, including windows and walls
- Clean out refrigerators
- Maintain and restock cleaning supplies
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects as assigned
- Make minor repairs
- Perform and document maintenance activities, report and oversee all major repairs
- Coordinate recycling removal schedule with the warehouse team
- Maintain storage and office supply closets
- Assist with monthly/holiday celebrations
- General office maintenance and repairs, as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven working experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good client/customer service skills
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle common tools
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize and solve routine problems
- Ability to understand safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams
- Basic handyman knowledge
- High school degree is preferred but not required