Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.,
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Our Core Values are more than just a set of ideals that guide our business operations. They show up every day through our behaviors and mindsets. They’re the driving force behind the culture we’re committed to building personally, professionally, and for our community.
- Treat your team like family
- Make an impact, drive results
- Deliver a WOW customer experience every time
- Strive for continuous improvement and learning
- Cultivate quality conversations
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we hope to meet you soon,
Our objective is to build the most loved baby brands so that there are no more boring nurseries! As an Account Manager you will help grow new business on our e-Commerce platforms. You will build, communicate, and maintain our vision of creating productive working relationships with our online retailers and collaborate with them. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of managing specific categories and accounts to create the product of choice and fulfill our consumer’s needs (client queries, identify growth opportunity and analyze sales trend). Our goal for this role is to create sale strategies and build relationships by promoting “Wow” customer experiences!
- Builds relationships cross-functionally
- Handles majority of escalated daily issues independently
- Known as a go-to, trusted resource in own area of expertise
- Regularly drives tangible and measurable impact to the business
- Ability to perform basic data analysis to make decisions and present a POV
- Takes on projects outside of daily tasks
- Exhibits full ownership over tasks, anticipating failure points and escalating follow ups to get things done
- Demonstrates mutually beneficial decision-making with our partners focusing on the long-term relationship
- Uses good judgement and balances the need to be cost-conscious with delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Identifies opportunities for improvement on team; develops solutions and implements with the following in mind: minimizing complexity, creating sustainable, repeatable processes
- Conducts root-cause analysis of mistakes and unintended outcomes, and has recommendations for improvement
- Works to gain alignment and buy-in across the organization for process improvements and brings them to life on a regular basis; showcases improvements at Quarterlies
- Actively learns about the industry and competitive landscape and applies learnings to team
- Effectively gives feedback through various forums
- 2+ years of proven relevant experience in e-Commerce Account Management or related field
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year university preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, analytical background, presentation, and negotiation
- Working knowledge of delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Experience conducting and analyzing wholesale gross profit margins and sales report
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401(k)
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Dog-friendly workplace, yes! you can bring your best friend to work
- A clear career path with opportunities for professional and personal development
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products