Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.,
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Our Core Values are more than just a set of ideals that guide our business operations. They show up every day through our behaviors and mindsets. They’re the driving force behind the culture we’re committed to building personally, professionally, and for our community.
- Treat your team like family
- Make an impact, drive results
- Deliver a WOW customer experience every time
- Strive for continuous improvement and learning
- Cultivate quality conversations
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we hope to meet you soon,
Our objective is to build the most loved baby brands so that there are no more boring nurseries! As a Sales Manager, you will lead sales on our team by grow new business on our e-Commerce platforms. You will run sale campaigns for our clients and maintain the balance of proactive and reactive selling, maintenance & growth of key accounts and lead the sales team’s development using your skills and strategic sales and revenue leader. Your goals are aligned around the achievement of total gross sales, mass store revenue, brand sales health, and sales team training and alignment. You will work directly with the VP of Sales and VP of Brand & Marketing to create a clear and credible vision for the sales team. Ideally, you will understand the market mix as well as the competitive landscape and align structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues. Our goal for this role is to lead the sales team while build relationships by promoting “Wow” customer experiences!
- Coaches team members and peers on best practices and core values
- Oversees and ensures successful onboarding, team activities, and other culture building endeavors
- Establishes quarterly team priorities and drives the OKR cross-functional alignment process
- Oversees and initiates projects that drive significant and lasting impacts on LTOKRs
- Effectively leads cross-functional projects
- Builds systems that elevate the team's overall transparency or data analytics capabilities
- Ensures that the team understands all aspects of Customer Journey/Experience and team's role in improvement
- Effectively manages partner relationships, sets goals and metrics to measure performance, and meets regularly to review and improve
- Models how to be an excellent, trusted partner to our vendors
- Gain alignment and buy-in across the organization for strategic improvement initiatives and bring them to life
- Actively learns about the industry and competitive landscape
- Creates a culture on team of constantly seeking out process improvement opportunities
- Aligns and checks in with team members to ensure team is operating efficiently
- Develop professional network in functional or industry area
- 5+ years of relevant experience in leading e-Commerce Sales team
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year university required and MBA preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, analytical background, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge in handling large clients, strategies, and pitch sale campaigns
- Experience with pricing, budgets, and margins
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401(k)
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Dog-friendly workplace, yes! you can bring your best friend to work
- A clear career path with opportunities for professional and personal development
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products