My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products and an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly with and from each other! It’s important to me that all of our teams enjoy coming to work every day and make an impactful contribution to not only our company but our customers as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Check out this article in Inc.!
We are looking for a seasoned Sales Manager to be a sales leader on our team! In this position, you will run sales for our clients and maintain the balance of proactive & reactive selling, maintenance & growth of key accounts and sales team development while utilizing your skills as a strategic sales & revenue leader. Your goals are aligned around the achievement of total gross sales, mass store revenue, brand sales health, and sales team training and alignment. You will work directly with the VP of Sales and Brand Director in creating a clear and credible vision for the sales team. Ideally, you will understand the market mix as well as the competitive landscape, and align structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Achieve 100% of the business sales revenue goals through personal and team efforts
- Continually assess strengths and challenges of sales team members, while also providing coaching, mentoring and training
- Incorporate marketing initiatives to support group sales strategies and activities
- Establish a sense of urgency with the team to understand and achieve the needs of the organization
- Recommend sales/pricing strategies, service, and product improvements to stay competitive
- Consistently review shifts in market and industry trends in order to make deployment and pricing recommendations
- Implement, coordinate and maintain weekly sales training vignettes
Who You Are:
- You are accountable and feel comfortable holding others accountable for their strategy and planning
- You love helping others and creating positive experiences for people
- You’re a great listener, and you are also highly comfortable articulating your point of view
- You love process and creating structure but you’re also flexible and not change-adverse
- You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You enjoy leading and developing people
- Strong selling skills! 5 years' of relevant work experience in leading a team of sales reps and pitching to large clients
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage a team by example
- Strong MS Office skills, especially with Excel (should know basic pivot tables and V-lookup formulas)
- Well organized and detail oriented with excellent follow-up
- Ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Must emulate the MDB Culture
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including trade-shows twice a year