Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Position: Market Research Analyst
Location: 8700 Rex Road, Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Research market conditions, pricing, and conduct competitor analysis for juvenile furniture, in order to increase the sales of company products. Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, products, and method of marketing and distribution, using various means such as internet, business reports or surveys. Collect and analyze data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify factors affecting demand for juvenile and contemporary home furniture demand, using relevant statistical methods or models. Research market needs in general and provide management with information and proposals concerning the sales, promotion, pricing, and distribution of company product, as well as adding new products for wholesaling, locating new distribution channels and developing markets. Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text. Keep track on juvenile and home furniture industry statistics, stay current on laws and regulations regarding quality and safety requirements, and flow trends in trade literature. Forecast and track sales and marketing trends, analyzing collected data. Measure effectiveness of existing marketing, advertising, and sales strategies.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or related field (or foreign equivalent), and 6 months of experience in the job offered, as a Sales/Marketing Assistant or related occupation.
Special Requirements: Experience must include the following:
- Knowledge of gross profit margins in wholesale or retail of household goods
- Consumer behavior analysis
- Quantitative analysis of market effectiveness, including digital marketing, social media marketing, and marketing campaigns
- Competitor analysis of digital marketing channels
- Planning and implementing sales or marketing events including devising advertising strategies
What You'll Get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401(k)
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products