Director of Consumer Support
The Director of Consumer Support will be responsible for managing all aspects of post-delivery customer experience. This role will develop, guide and influence the overall intentional customer experience. Additionally, this role will be responsible for leading major strategic initiatives including driving change through cross functional teams while continually striving to meet the critical needs of our customers and elevating the quality and impact of our contact center and field services programs. The Director of Consumer Support will oversee and analyze the Consumer Support team’s performance, provide reports on the resolution of more complex issues or concerns and will develop and implementing customer services policies. Promoting the idea of top of the line service throughout the organization, the Director of Consumer Support will take the Consumer Support team to the next level by strategizing industry’s best practices and continue with our goal to provide “wow” services.
- Manage and lead continuous improvement efforts in a professional contact center that provides a high level of support to all consumers.
- Leads and prepares major strategic initiatives to meet company’s vision while driving alignment and consensus to the strategy across departments and senior leaders.
- Manage and lead continuous improvement efforts for an internal warranty program including financial performance responsibilities, revenue improvement and expense reduction.
- Lead the continuous effort to provide the systems, and support of the systems, necessary for Customer Support in a complex multi-channel organization including independent dealers, retails stores, wholesale and retail customers and consumers.
- Manage data capture, analysis, reports, budget, tracking and accountability necessary to support the management and improvements of customer support.
- Provide data to internal partners to work collaboratively on quality improvement in both product and overall service experience along with Research and Development initiatives.
- Evaluate other competitive practices and provide, develop plans for process improvement within the organization.
- Develop, implement and document the processes, systems and structure to achieve consistency and execution excellence within our customer care organization.
- Sets the highest standards for our customer experience in all aspect of our business by setting expectations of excellence in all training.
- Participates in cross functional communication and teams for issue resolution and improved customer experience.
- Communicates plans and progress of critical initiatives. Conducts critical ad-hoc analysis as needed to support decision making and provide insight to key business decisions.
- Mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Establishes departmental policies, practices, programs, KPI’s and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Stay informed on the latest industry techniques and methods to stay ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- 7-10 years’ proven experience as a customer service manager or Sr. level position
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year university in Business Administration, Communication or related field. Broad supply chain background with experience in multiple disciplines including Distribution, Warehousing and Manufacturing SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advance PC/Windows skills including: Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP Systems, Outlook, Zendesk )
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically, implement and lead
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Has extensive experience with the concepts and principles of one or more related fields or departments.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees and has responsibility for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, and termination.
- Leadership skills with ability to foster teamwork and problem management. Core Attributes Communicate Transparently Lead the Team Impact and Influence Deliver Results Coach and Develop