Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Social Media Coordinator Job Summary:
As we continue to grow our beloved brands, we are seeking a creative, smart and savvy Social Media Coordinator to help us spread the word and elevate our positioning in the market. As the Social Media Coordinator, you will execute the social media strategy and daily content promotion for each of our six direct-to-consumer brands, including Babyletto, DaVinci Baby, and Million Dollar Baby Classic.
We are looking for someone that loves smart style and home decor trends, has strong analytical skills to measure and adjust activities to grow traffic and engagement, and is a savvy creative who can adopt each of our brand’s unique voice in written copy and carry out each brand’s visual style identity through content creation.
- Create, edit, and publish daily social media posts across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and other channels for multiple branded accounts
- Write creative/engaging social copy that inspires and influences desired consumer responses
- Come up with ideas and create new content optimized for each social channel platform that adheres to the brand design guidelines and overall look and feel
- Collaborate with the branding and marketing managers to define each brand’s social media goals, strategy, and execution plan
- Collaborate with the PR Coordinator to maximize effectiveness of press and influence product seeding partnerships
- Build and maintain social media calendars to optimize mix of UGC and original branded content
- Manage each of our brand communities, actively engage and respond to followers while maintaining brand voice and elevating sentiment among our followers
- Measure, track, and report results to leadership
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive trends and regularly informing team of noteworthy news items and opportunities
- Partner with the brand team in other marketing initiatives, such as attending trade shows, photoshoots, assist with copy writing and other content creation that supports our annual brand plans. We are a small scrappy, fast-paced team that enjoys helping each other reach our goals.
- Strong writing skills and ability to adhere to multiple brand voices
- Strong analytical skills to track, measure, and report out results on social media platforms
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines, follow protocols, manage multiple creative projects, and create error-free work
- Experience creating branded content - proficient with Adobe visual design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark
- In-depth knowledge of the latest best practices, tools, and trends on social media platforms, as well as sponsored/partner/user-generated content protocols (Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Instagram Live, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong consumer empathy – must be able to see and scrutinize our activities through the eyes of our parents
- A great attitude - enjoys building and contributing to happy, high-functioning teams
- Outgoing, professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within MDB and with our external vendors and customers
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in professional social media management
What You'll Get:
- Awesome work culture - we are a stable company with a start-up feel!
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401(k)
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Dog-friendly offices
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products