Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. ! 

We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.   

Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.

Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!   

- Teddy

Assistant Brand Manager Job Summary:

We are looking for someone to take ownership and run one of our brands as if it were your own.  As an Assistant Brand Manager, you will develop a rich understanding of your consumer, and work collaboratively with the brand team and partners to translate data-backed insights into brand strategy and vision. You will lead development of business fundamental plans (i.e. business forecasting, product assortment, distribution, pricing proposals, merchandising, sales coordination), identify opportunities for and execute line extensions and renovations, and create marketing plans for your initiatives. Brand management at Million Dollar Baby allows for great breadth in marketing and brand management projects that help drive business growth, and the opportunity to showcase leadership mastery and solve complex problems with strategic, analytical, and creative thinking.

Responsibilities:

• Execute the brand vision, led annual brand planning process and implementation of brand strategy across all cross-functional teams and functions
  • Build and execute annual brand AOP and LRP, managing the P&L to drive top-line and bottom-line growth
  • Conduct strategic analysis and research including: market, consumer, competitor, distribution, pricing, and promotions analysis
  • Collaborate and align with cross-functional partners such as product development, operations, IT, finance, international, and sales in delivery of flawless product launches and continued, profitable sales growth of the portfolio
  • Conduct market research and identify consumer needs, pain points and key insights for new product development, process improvement, and to continually hone brand positioning
  • Develop strategic partnerships that further brand and company objectives from conception to execution
  • Partner with marketing, creative teams and external agencies to develop and execute campaign plans and activations across ecommerce, in-store, trade, digital, and social media channels
  • Serve as the voice of the brand in all cross-functional projects and initiatives
  • Report out brand quarterly objectives and performance results to leadership and company-wide
  • Mentor and support Branding and Marketing team members

Qualifications:

• BA/BS degree in related field with 2-3 years business experience in branding, marketing, consulting or business development preferred and a demonstrated track record of success in strategy execution; MBA preferred but not required 
  • Passionate about building brands that are tailored to specific consumer segments, strong consumer empathy and curiosity
  • General management mindset
  • Ability to build, align and lead organizational goals and priorities at senior levels
  • Excellent communicator with outgoing, professional demeanor. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within MDB and with our external vendors and customers
  • Self-motivated with strong project management skills
  • Strong MS Office skills including Powerpoint and Excel analysis and model building
  • Strong analytical skills and able to run reports and analyze trends 

What You'll Get:

• Awesome work culture - we are a stable company with a start-up feel!
  • Competitive pay 
  • 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
  • Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
  • Company matching 401(k)
  • Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
  • Tuition reimbursement
  • Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
  • Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
  • A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
  • A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
  • Dog-friendly offices
  • Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products

Apply for this Job

* Required

When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add Another Education