Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
As an integral part of our Operations Team, you will be responsible for carrying out multiple process improvement initiatives from concept/planning stage to execution across the entire supply chain. Improving vendor management, logistics, warehousing. This role will also focus on supporting the Purchasing team with inventory management by analyzing historical sales trends, current inventory levels, and forecasted demand. You’ll play a big role in developing our reporting and analytics capabilities. You will need to thoroughly understand our internal systems and operations, vendors’ capabilities, and ordering constraints. Collaborating regularly with IT, Sales, Branding, and other stakeholders, you will be able to impact Million Dollar Baby Co. in continuous improvement initiatives through your own contributions!
What you'll be doing:
- Introduce special Operations initiatives to drive efficiencies and process optimization
- Collaborate with the Sales and Branding Teams on planning for customers’ projected needs and preferences
- Monitor and analyze sales records, trends, vendor and factory production schedules and shipping schedules to forecast consumer buying patterns and forecast sales and inventory
- Partner with Warehouse team to manage and allocate incoming inventory effectively, including analyzing overstocks, understocks and inventory value and monitoring inventory flow, inventory demand, and vendor and factory production
- Serve as liaison with the Hong Kong office to optimize purchasing and inventory flow
- Complete any other duties and projects that may be assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year university
- Positive attitude and a passion for excellent execution
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent project management and organization skills to be able to work across stakeholder groups to push various initiatives forward
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player who is eager to learn, improve, and help others
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); knowledge of SQL and ERP systems is a huge plus
What You'll Get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401(k)
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products