Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Quality Control Assistant
We are looking for a Quality Control Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the QC Manager in the inspection of our products to ensure that they are being produced to the highest standards and continuously looking for improvement opportunities. You will partner with various departments, vendors, and approval agency representatives in order to certify conformance to testing protocols. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated individual who has excellent communications and analytical skills, attention to detail.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with the inspection process, monitor and report on quality control issues / findings.
- Coordinate and issue resolution and/or product improvements across various internal teams (e.g., Product Development, Consumer Support) and external partners (e.g., factories, vendors)
- Help with the assessment in the current quality control standards and processes against leading industry standards and help develop a best-in-class quality control capability
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging regulations, standards, and guidance documents and ensure that they are communicated and implemented throughout the organization
- Review product promotional materials, labeling, batch records, specification sheets, and testing methods for compliance with regulations and policies
- Revise and assist with the completion of all regulatory submissions and documentation requirement, updates, product launches, and product changes
What you bring to the table:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Assertiveness, good judgement, not afraid to express your point-of-view
- Project management skills that give you the ability to plan an effort and coordinate various stakeholders
- Analytical skills - you will use this to analyze defect rates
- Attention to detail - nothing gets past you!
- 1+ years of working in an office environment