Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
MDB Co. is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Warehouse Supervisor to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide variety of products. In this role, you will supervise 30-40 team members ensuring productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Manage daily operations to maximize productivity and meet daily operational goals
- Ensure productivity standards are met by setting clear personal and team metric goals, measuring and reviewing them on a weekly basis with warehouse team leads and company leadership, and addressing gaps
- Maintain strict inventory control by overseeing daily cycle counts and ad hoc full physical inventory counts; documenting and researching discrepancies, and addressing process / training / performance gaps
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, communicate timelines and requirements to key stakeholders, and oversee implementation and measure impact
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Partner with Operations team on receiving flow and future inventory levels and product mix to optimize warehouse layout and resources
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Oversee warehouse talent development, including recruiting, on-boarding, training, and providing regular performance feedback (formal and informal)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork and a culture of respect by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates
- Play an active role in the participation of all safety programs to act as a role model for all associates
- Minimum 5 years of distribution center / warehousing experience, including 2 years in a supervisor role
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent; Associate’s Degree a plus
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management System
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve problems creatively and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proficient in English (reading, writing and verbal)
- Basic math skills; Excel experience a plus