Hi, My name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co. !
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumers. I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well.
Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Talent Management Assistant
We are in search of a dynamic Talent Management Assistant who will be a team player with a “no-job-is-too-small” attitude to join our TM (Human Resources) team. This role will be supporting the Talent Management department, this is the ideal role for someone who enjoys to be the point of contact for resolutions, a true team player and someone who does not hesitate to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Responsible for keeping the office running smoothly, this role will handle everything from managing general office and facility maintenance, organizing recognition/celebratory events, retaining top talent, and so much more! You’ll gain invaluable experience learning how to execute basic office operations/procedures, event production, and human resource initiatives by working closely with the Talent Management team and partnering directly with other MDB teams.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Talent Management and the Talent Management team
- Actively manage the VP of TM’s calendars (including corporate shared calendars), scheduling meetings and appointments
- Handle travel arrangements and plan itineraries
- Plan and coordinate on-site and off-site events
- Coordinate breakfasts and lunches for meetings
- Plan and coordinate all celebratory events
- Assist in the creation of Excel spreadsheets, presentation materials, and communications
- Compose and process memos, reports, correspondence, purchase orders, authorizations and expense reports
- Coordinate Janitor/cleaning team’s task
- Coordinate philanthropy events
- Handle and track all employee orders
- Order office supplies and janitorial supplies
- Plan, coordinate, and manage general office maintenance, including all off-site offices
- Maintain databases, mailing lists, filing systems
- Assist with various projects as needed
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality
- 1-2 year general administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and the ability to learn new programs as needed
- Strong interest in Human Resources and People Operations
- Must be able to effectively and professionally interface with high level company executives and clients
- Must work well with employees, vendors, and business associates at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Open-mindedness, empathy and patience
- Passionate about self-improvement and continuous learning
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player & go-getter attitude!