Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most Eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurial-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 7 leading brands of baby products, an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly! It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door!
Quality Control Coordinator - Job Description
We are looking for a Quality Control Coordinator who will be responsible for monitoring the inspection of our products to ensure that they are being produced to the highest standards and continuously looking for improvement opportunities. You will partner with various internal departments, external vendors, and approval agency representatives from around the world in order to certify conformance to testing protocols. Ideally, you will be a highly-motivated individual who has excellent communications and analytical skills, attention to detail, and project management experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee the inspection process and monitor and report on quality control issues / findings, including conducting trend analysis, developing thresholds and a key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard
- Coordinate and manage issue resolution and/or product improvements across various internal teams (e.g., Product Development, Consumer Support) and external partners (e.g., factories, vendors)
- Assess the current quality control standards and processes against leading industry standards and implement improvement opportunities to help develop a best-in-class quality control capability
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging regulations, standards, and guidance documents and ensure that they are communicated and implemented throughout the organization
- Review product promotional materials, labeling, batch records, specification sheets, and testing methods for compliance with regulations and policies
- Oversee the completion of all regulatory submissions and documentation requirements associated with regulatory updates, product launches, and product changes
- Attend industry meetings and training sessions on an as-needed basis
What you bring to the table:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Assertiveness, good judgement, not afraid to express your point-of-view and can negotiate with our Asian counterparts/vendors
- Project management skills that give you the ability to plan an effort and coordinate various stakeholders
- Managing other stakeholders (e.g, warehouse parts, inspection, returns depts.)
- Analytical skills - you will use this to analyze defect rates
- Attention to detail - nothing gets past you!
- The ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese - strongly preferred but not required
- 2+ years of working in an office environment