We are creating the most loved baby brands in the world.
The Million Dollar Baby Co. designs and sells the best baby furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious, highest quality cribs to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry.
Here at MDB Co., you will have infinitely more opportunities to make impactful, strategic decisions for our company versus a typical large corporation.
Based 15 minutes east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a uniquely transparent family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day, have time to pursue personal interests and make an impact not only to our company and our customers but to each other as well.
I hope that you visit our parent site at milliondollarbabyco.com to read articles about us from Inc. and Bloomberg as well as see pictures of our office and what our culture is like!
Front End UX Developer Job Summary:
As we continue to grow our brands, we need a smart, energetic UX/UI Website Designer and Front-End Developer to help us spread the word and elevate our positioning in the market. We are looking for a full-time website designer with front-end development skills to improve, maintain and launch new ecommerce websites across our 7+ brands. This is an onsite role where you will be working directly with our marketing and branding team to launch enterprise-level solutions that improve customer service, order fulfillment, account management, while implementing new web features that increase consumer engagement, sales, and reinforce each brand’s unique positioning.
Our ideal candidate is a creative, thoughtful, analytical, and customer experience-driven designer and front-end developer with a web-based art background and a technical understanding of design tools. Our core team is powerful, productive yet small and tight-knit. The candidate should be practical, results-producing, enjoy wearing multiple hats, motivated, obsessive about the customer experience and our brands’ goals, and an excellent communicator. Our websites are mobile-first and hosted on Shopify, so practical experience with this platform is required. This role is integral to each brand’s positioning in the market and reports to the Brand Director.
- Design and launch mobile-first websites on the Shopify platform
- Optimize onsite features such as checkout, information pages, promotional pages, lead forms to improve conversion rates, engagement, and revenue
- Own web design from start to finish. Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes with use of current UI trends, then design beautiful, intuitive web pages, and execute all front-end code
- Research, test, and integrate applications for site improvements
- Schedule and run user testing on prototypes to validate visual design and interactions
- Collaborate with internal technology team developers to integrate current systems with our websites to simplify and enhance web management processes
- Partner across functions (branding, technology, customer service, logistics, quality) to build work processes that improve customer experience, information flow and timeliness
- Build business-facing UIs and dashboards to help different departments manage back-end processes
- Create user flows, sitemaps with an understanding of information architecture of complex systems
- Ensure uniformity across all our products via best practices, brand style guides, applications used, and product specs
- Experience designing and implementing mobile-first, direct response, ecommerce websites and applications
- Experience working in any stand-alone ecommerce platforms and enterprise systems, experience with Shopify is required
- Experience with code (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP) and front-end development frameworks
- Strong online portfolio showcasing your design work and problem-solving skillset
- Proficient in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills as you’ll be expected to communicate design decisions to business stakeholders and leadership
- Creative, technical, and strategic thinker with a strong emphasis on driving sales via ecommerce
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines and create error-free work
- A great attitude - enjoys building and contributing to happy, high-functioning teams
- Outgoing, professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within MDB and with our external vendors and customers
- A practical, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving. Our ideal candidate enjoys getting things done