Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 6 leading brands of baby products (DaVinci, Million Dollar Baby Classic, Babyletto, Franklin & Ben, Nursery Works, and Ubabub), an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door.
Help Desk and EDI Specialist
We are seeking a skilled Help Desk and EDI Specialist to join our Process Improvements and Technology team. This role will play a crucial part in this exciting time of our company’s exponential growth. You will provide support to various IT functions, including troubleshooting issues, representing the Help Desk via processes, engaging in general system updates, and providing technology support for all associates. You will also work with internal and external stakeholders to project coordinate the setup of new EDI partners, as well as support and maintain existing partnerships. You will become the company's leading Help Desk and EDI subject-matter expert.
What you'll be doing (including but not limited to):
- Basic support of all phone, paging, security systems and infrastructure
- Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding of associate's, including procurement and configuration of desktop & laptop systems, and account credentialing & disablement
- Troubleshoot hardware and software-related issues for Windows OS, Mac OS, and various applications
- File Server, Active Directory, Gateway Firewall, and DNS/DHCP administration
- Support of WiFi/Access Points and Network Switches
- Engage in end-to-end testing and setup in a beta ERP environment
- Research and troubleshoot a multitude of partner-specific, carrier-specific, item-specific, or user-error scenarios and be able to quickly diagnose, fix, and communicate to stakeholders
- Influence partners to make changes to accommodate internal business processes
- Setup and maintain:
- EDI X12 mapping and templates for various partners
- AS2 and FTP connections and certificate changes
- Partner-specific packing slip and UCC labels
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred, but comparable work experience will be considered
- 2 years' minimum work experience required
- Knowledgeable in Outlook, Sharepoint, Active Directory, Windows up to 10 Pro, Windows Server up to 2012 R2, Office 365, Godaddy, VPN installation and configuration
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in hardware and software
- Experience with EDI X12 preferred
- Basic understanding of various business, logistics, accounting, warehouse, and systematic practices from an ERP perspective
- Strong project coordination, time management, and communication skills
- Previous experience within an E-commerce, drop-shipping wholesale business is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP Bill of Ladings, LTL, and routing processes is a plus
What You'll Get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Companywide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products