Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 6 leading brands of baby products (DaVinci, Million Dollar Baby Classic, Babyletto, Franklin & Ben, Nursery Works, and Ubabub), an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door.
PR & Marketing Coordinator
As the Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator you will help us to best showcase our brands and company to the market, industry, media, and our direct consumers. While developing your marketing, project management, and strategic abilities, you will have a direct impact on the team, reaching our ambitious and exciting goals.
What you’ll be doing (including but not limited to):
Marketing Shows & Events Lead
- Lead all Event Planning for Brand Team-participant events; including Trade Shows, Consumer Shows, Press Events, and other events that feature our brands to the industry, media, and/or public
- Coordinate with vendor and show personnel on registration, contracts, scheduling, payments, and delivery
- Coordinate with internal teams (warehouse, operations, product development) on timelines and deadlines for sample inventory, review, and delivery to/from location
- Assist in inspection and restocking inventory from trade show shipments
- Partner with TM on implementation and enforcement of show-related policies
- Partner with CEO and Brand leads to execute visual direction
- Lead external vendors and our Hong Kong office to create marketing materials including photography, event materials and merchandizing materials
- Assist with planning and executing conference attendance, including setup, teardown, and managing on-site special events
- Track and maintain overall budget, both annual and per show allocation
- Lead coordination and execution of physical store activations, including pop-up shops
- Travel to and participate in events as necessary (up to 1 week on location)
- Coordinate event recap activities for documentation and process improvement
Public Relations / Media Coordinator
- Manage internal Public Relations management process to continuously seed product features and storylines to press
- Manage seasonal and monthly press outreach activities
- Liaison directly with press, bloggers, and social media influencers to increase visibility and recognition of our products
- Coordinate press and social media schedules, strategies, and placement
- Monitor partnership budget and manage shipping and tracking for all press samples and partnership shipments
- Create and execute deployment of press content that is consistent with the brand’s look and feel
- Maintain email lists for external communications
- Conduct market research to identify key associations, publications, ad opportunities, etc. to support marketing planning
- Manage the maintenance of press coverage and internal/external sharing, including brand websites
- Collaborate with external PR firms on any and all efforts including media relations, product placement, event planning, charity sponsorships, celebrity outreach, etc.
Brand Team Member
- Assist in other marketing activities including marketing copy, photography, visual merchandizing, advertisements, email marketing, and collateral creation and management
- Partner with MDB’s product development, sales, and inventory teams to help execute everything needed to grow our brands, from launching new items to driving sales to pricing and promotions
- Compile and analyze sales and marketing reports, using your developing business judgement and analytical skills to sense check numbers and draw out insights
- Other projects and responsibilities are always coming up – the role is a great chance to develop leadership and marketing skills in an entrepreneurial environment
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- A great attitude - enjoys building and contributing to happy, high-functioning teams
- Outgoing, professional demeanor with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships within MDB and with our external vendors
- Excellent project management and documentation skills related to events coordination, budget management, timeline management with multiple workflows
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines and create error-free work
- A willingness to be hands-on and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- A practical, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving. Our ideal candidate enjoys multi-tasking, getting things done and works towards improving processes for the team and company wide
- Experience with MS Office including MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Adobe Visual Programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus, but not required
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Companywide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products