Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 6 leading brands of baby products (DaVinci, Million Dollar Baby Classic, Babyletto, Franklin & Ben, Nursery Works, and Ubabub), an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door.
We are seeking a skilled EDI Specialist to join our Process Improvements and Technology team. This role will play a crucial part in this exciting time of our company’s exponential growth. Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will project manage the setup of new partners, as well as support and maintain existing partnerships, and become the company’s leading EDI subject-matter expert.
What you'll be doing (including but not limited to):
- Engage in end-to-end testing and setup in a beta ERP environment
- Research and troubleshoot a multitude of partner-specific, carrier-specific, item-specific, or user-error scenarios and be able to quickly diagnose, fix, and communicate to stakeholders
- Setup and maintain:
- EDI X12 mapping and templates for various partners
- AS2 and FTP connections and certificate changes
- Partner-specific packing slip and UCC labels
- Communicate (written and verbal) on business, logistics, accounting, and systematic aspects of new setup with partners
- Influence partners to make changes to accommodate internal business processes
- Explain technical information to non-industry personnel; as well as translate non-technical processes into technical requirements
- Make strategic decisions that are scalable for multiple partners long-term, rather than hard-coding partner-specific requirements only
What you bring to the table:
- Expert understanding of various business, logistics, accounting, warehouse, and systematic practices from an ERP perspective
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Navision/Lanham preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with EDI X12 preferred
- Working knowledge of C/AL (Client/server Application Language) or C/SIDE (Server Integrated Development Environment) programming preferred
- Intermediate API XML/JSON experience is a plus
- Strong project coordination, time management, and communication skills
- Previous experience within an E-commerce, drop-shipping wholesale business is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP Bill of Ladings, LTL, and routing processes is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and create new ones
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Comp Sci is preferred
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance monthly premiums covered 100% by us, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation/travel and health/wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products