We are creating the most loved baby brands in the world.
The Million Dollar Baby Co. designs and sells the best baby furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious, highest quality cribs to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry.
Here at MDB Co., you will have infinitely more opportunities to make impactful, strategic decisions for our company versus a typical large corporation.
Based 15 minutes east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a uniquely transparent family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day, have time to pursue personal interests and make an impact not only to our company and our customers but to each other as well.
I hope that you visit our parent site at milliondollarbabyco.com to read articles about us from Inc. and Bloomberg as well as see pictures of our office and what our culture is like!
E-Commerce Account Manager
Are you ready to help Million Dollar Baby Co. grow new business? As an E-Commerce Account Manager, you will help build, communicate, and grow MDB’s vision of creating productive working relationships with our online retailers and help collaborate with them. Our goal is to create the product of choice and fulfill our consumer’s needs in everything that we do. You are responsible for overseeing all aspects of managing a couple of categories at MDB for your specific set of accounts. You will answer client queries, identify new business opportunities among existing customers, and learn about the unique needs of strategic accounts. This is a unique opportunity to drive an exciting business and to grow an entire new category of the Million Dollar Baby Co. portfolio.
What you'll be doing (including but not limited to):
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all digital account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external team leaders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within category
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Must have prior experience looking at wholesale gross profit margins
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in sales for e-commerce or other relevant industries
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong MS Excel experience and very comfortable with sales reports
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Ability to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Companywide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products