Hi, my name is Teddy and I’m the CEO of MDB Co.
We design and manufacture the best juvenile furniture in the world, from the most eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 6 leading brands of baby products (DaVinci, Million Dollar Baby Classic, Babyletto, Franklin & Ben, Nursery Works, and Ubabub), an in-house start-up, Capsule Home, which sells home furnishings direct to consumer, and our latest venture, Beast of Leisure, a line of mid-century modern dog beds.
I see it as my top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. We don’t have everything figured out, but we do learn quickly. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to each other as well. Come and visit us, I think you’ll see and feel the difference right when you walk through the door.
Are you ready to help MDB grow a new business? As an Account Manager, you will help build, communicate, and grow MDB’s vision of creating productive working relationships with our retailers and help collaborate with them. Our goal is to create the product of choice and fulfill our consumer’s needs in everything that we do. You are responsible for overseeing all aspects of managing a couple of categories at MDB for your specific set of accounts, including: developing strong relationships, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, and reporting business growth. You will answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. You will learn about the unique needs of strategic accounts and partner with cross-functional internal teams (including Product Development and Customer Support) to improve their experience and help grow their business. This is a unique opportunity to drive an exciting business and to grow an entire new category of the Million Dollar Baby Co. portfolio.
What you'll be doing (including but not limited to):
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external team leaders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within category
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Must have prior experience looking at wholesale gross profit margins
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in sales for e-commerce or other relevant industries
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong MS Excel experience and very comfortable with sales reports
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance monthly premiums covered 100% by us, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation/travel and health/wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products