Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
About the Role:
As Mill’s in region Product Quality Engineer you will be responsible for all areas of Mill’s HW product quality both at the manufacturing site in Guadalajara and with the local supply base. You will partner closely with the Engineering and Operations teams to establish meaningful quality metrics and drive Mill’s manufacturing and supply chain partners to achieve targets that are great for both our customers and our business. This is a hands-on role and includes managing third party quality inspection partners to ensure end to end product quality coverage and mitigate escapes. Expectations are that this role spends a majority of the time on the manufacturing production line.
- Create meaningful quality metrics that can be used during product development and metrics for monitoring product quality of production devices on the manufacturing line.
- Leverage third parties to create and execute Quality test plans during development and during ongoing production
- Establish quality processes throughout the HW supply chain from component vendors through FATP including first article inspections and driving corrective actions
- Work directly with Contract Manufacturer (CM) and Tier 1 strategic material suppliers to ensure they have appropriate in-process and outgoing quality controls in place
- Help the teams design quality into the products using Risk Analysis and DFMEA/PFMEA techniques
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of all incoming materials for Mill
- Work with our CM partner to review and approve incoming material quality controls
- Develop, communicate and implement supplier-specific Quality Plans for Tier 1 supply partners
- Work with Hardware Engineering and Global Supply Base Managers to develop a Tier 1 Supplier Sourcing Strategy
- Facilitate the inspection and approval of first article samples with Hardware Engineering
- Drive “Closed Loop Corrective Action” (CLCA) on material and product quality problems ensuring that the root causes of failures are identified and long-term resolutions are implemented
- Engineering degree (BSEE, BSIE, BSME) required
- 10+ years experience in supplier quality/reliability engineering
- Knowledge of quality, reliability, supplier mgt, statistical analysis and auditing techniques
- Exceptional program management, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision