The Production Engineer develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequences and processes in the manufacture or components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. This person has strong technical understanding of Migo product and will identify opportunities to improve production processes to reduce cost using expert knowledge of production equipment, assembly and testing methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment placement and operation. Apply continuous improvement methods to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Coordinate with Fulfillment Center to implement changes to improve manufacturability and increase production yield. And also, all pre-production activities including sample evaluation, design qualification, prototype production, and mass production.
- Coordinate with Quality to apply failure analysis to determine root causes of problems and failures and develops solutions or recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Organized documentation scope and prepare documentation coordinating with HW/SW Engineering, Fulfillment Center, Quality teams for standard process and also new manufacturing/engineering procedures. Stay on top of many moving pieces without letting anything drop.
- Assist technicians and/or maintenance with building and/or assembly of various machines and equipment when necessary.
- Assess, analyze, consolidate, and communicate risk and status clearly and succinctly to call out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team.
- BS or higher in Electrical/Software Engineering, Manufacturing & Operation Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of solid modeling, AutoCAD engineering design software, and engineering materials and their properties. Knowledge of ECR/ ECN engineering processes
- 3+ years of experience in production engineer role in consumer electronics industry.
- Proven independent project driven and teamwork experience.
- Problem solving, organized, analytical and communication experience. The ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with all levels of supervision on the status of jobs is required.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads maximize impact.