Migo is seeking an experienced, driven Product Manager with a passion for infrastructure and solving hard problems in countries that are among the worst worldwide in internet performance. You will lead a cross-functional team to design, build, maintain, and eventually scale the distribution infrastructure for Migo’s offline media platform in emerging markets. Migo’s network of WiFi hotspots enable offline or data-poor customers to gain affordable access to rich media content. This team is directly responsible for building the end to end content distribution network as well as critical operational support systems, continuously innovating to provide high quality service to more and more of Migo’s customers. Specific areas of product design and development include
- Content delivery over satellite to Migo WiFi Hotspots
- Migo WiFi Hotspot hardware and software for last-mile content delivery
- Migo WiFi Hotspot network planning and optimization
- Network monitoring systems (specifically for offline or high network-latency conditions)
- Billing system (that can also support offline transactions)
- Own and execute the roadmap for Migo’s distribution infrastructure. Define, manage and communicate the product vision and roadmap aligned with company objectives and stakeholder priorities and supported by industry trends, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team of designers and engineers through the product lifecycle, using iterative development methodologies. Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assist with execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Document and prioritize product specifications including business goals, use cases and requirements. Distill business and product requirements into actionable items for development.
- Establish clear objectives, critical deliverables, schedules, budget and resource allocation plans, and communicate goals, progress and status to relevant stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Effectively balance schedule, budget, and product quality with clear business and technical rationale.
- Maintain a laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently. Assess and manage risk through effective contingency planning.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including Marketing, UX, Engineering, Data, QA and Operations
- Measure product performance using both quantitative and qualitative methods. Gather customer feedback to validate that the product meets stated metrics.
- 7+ years’ hands-on technical product management experience in a fast-based company focused on delivering software; hardware is a plus
- Technical background in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints, adapting to technical constraints without comprising user needs and product quality
- Experience working with agile product development teams
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of the product ecosystem, including open source solutions, 3rd party landscape, build/buy evaluations, influencing vendor roadmap, and capacity planning
- You make things happen. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to drive informed product decisions and track progress/impact
- Strong communication skills: an ability to explain the mechanisms, implications, and consequences of technology choices. Skills to connect engineering, business, and other stakeholders to common purposes
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- HW development experience and familiar with electronics product development cycle, hands-on experience in OEM/ODM/JDM RFQ process and system architecture definition
- SW quality and testing experience.