Note from the Migo Recruitment Team:
Hi, there! We are a team of recruiters from Manila, Philippines and we are excited to have you on board! We are still in the process of studying the Indonesian language and culture, so we would truly appreciate it if you attach an English version of your resume in the meantime for us to fully understand your work experience.
The Logistics Specialist plays an important role in paving the ground for Migo’s operations in Indonesia. As the pioneering hire for the function, you will utilize your knowledge and experiences in the field to develop strategies, define and enhance systems, processes and procedures, and, build working relationships with relevant vendors, service providers and agencies in the country. You will work closely with our global Supply Chain and Operations teams in ensuring that movement of goods are timely, cost-efficient and in compliance with local and international standards and regulations.
- Contribute to Migo’s inventory and shipping logistics strategies, including cost and lead time optimization, objectives related to inhouse vs. outsourcing, and vendor selection decisions
- Drive the selection of and negotiations with Indonesian logistics partners and service providers
- Manage the relationships with our Indonesian logistics vendors (including forwarder, brokerage, shipping and courier accounts, and, warehousing and storage services)
- Serve as the point person for all Customs and import-related government agency communications on behalf of Migo Indonesia
- Work closely with Finance and Legal teams to administer, manage and resolve license and certification requirements and ensure smooth import operations
- Responsible for designing, following and be accountable for the audit of any logistics and customs-related compliance issues
- 5 years’ cumulative experience in different logistics function including import and export operations, preferably in the IT, telco or electronics manufacturing industry
- Thorough experience in connecting and building relationships with local vendors and government agencies, and proven record in carrying out successful negotiations
- Exceptional project management and vendor management skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds in both verbal and written form
- A degree in supply chain management or any relevant field is plus