At Mighty, we're redesigning the recovery process to make it work the way it should. We go beyond just legal representation to help with coordinating medical care, financial support, and more. We've redesigned business incentives to put clients first. We're transparent about what is happening and why at every step of a case. And most importantly, we never lose sight of why we're here: to help people who've been hurt in an accident get to a new normal.
Mighty is looking for a Product Designer to be a driving force for creating intuitive and elegant solutions for our users. In this role, you will build new product experiences while enhancing existing capabilities for our clients, partners, and Mighty team members. This role will report to the VP of Product and will join a growing product team with opportunity for high impact. The products you design will continue Mighty's mission to transform the industry. This role will be based out of our NYC Headquarters.
This is a strategic role impacting the lives of our users, the success of our partners and customers, and the direction of our business.
- Contribute to the full user experience vision and roadmap for Mighty’s products, spanning consumers, doctors, lawyers, and Mighty’s own team
- Define user journeys spanning all users’ interactions with technology and people
- Partner with the rest of the Product team to define and iterate the product roadmap
- Create and validate user-centric designs based on deep understanding of our users from pure research and discovery, quantitative data, usability testing, and intuition
- Translate complex solutions into optimal user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and clickable prototypes to communicate and validate designs, usability, and outcomes
- Collaborate closely with engineering to deliver the desired UX
- 2+ years of product design experience
- Deep empathy for our users and a genuine desire to help them
- Comfort executing through change, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Ability to truly simplify complexity without ignoring it
- Experience in user research - ranging from scrappy to best-in-class processes
- Excellent skills for capturing, analyzing, and applying quantitative and qualitative data
- Talent for structured thinking, self organization, and aggressive prioritization
- Passion for distilling complexity into elegant, intuitive UX
- In the first 30 days you will learn our business, our strategy, our products, our users, and how we work. You’ll go deep on our highest priority product, understand the offering, the value, the users, and the processes underlying that offering. You’ll begin working on key initiatives and have impact within the first few weeks, starting with draft user personas and journey(s).
- In the first 60 days you will fully engage in building capabilities in partnership with members of the product team and take leadership on user research and user experience initiatives.
- In the first 90 days you will develop your own view on our product vision, especially from a user experience and design perspective, and user that perspective to influence the overall product vision.
The hiring process is a two way street! We want to find someone for whom Mighty is the perfect fit. We’re not looking to just add people to our team; we’re looking to build a high performing engaged team for the long haul. Please ask us lots of questions to ensure you are learning what you need to learn about us. Here is an overview of how and what we will be assessing throughout the process:
- A 20 min phone screen with our Talent Lead, Weronika Pajdak, to go over a general overview of your experience, this role, and Mighty’s team.
- A 30 min Zoom interview with our VP Product, Igor Altman. This will be a deeper dive into your experience and an opportunity to learn more about Mighty.
- Portfolio review. We’ll ask you to submit your portfolio and our team will review it.
- A 60 min Zoom live case study and portfolio walk-thru with two members of our product team to assess how you think about product design and problem solving. There is no prep work required for this case study.
- Virtual “Face to Face”:
- A 45 min Zoom interview with a member of our engineering team to assess how you think about Design’s relationship with Engineering.
- Potentially a follow-up Zoom session to go deeper on topics previously covered and answering additional questions that the candidate has.
- A 30 min Zoom conversation with our CEO and Founder, Joshua Schwadron.
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!