Mighty is looking for a SEO Lead to grow unpaid traffic. You’ll be our first full-time SEO hire and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact as an individual contributor and leader. This role can be based out of our NYC or ATL offices or fully remote (US only).
What you’ll do:
- Design the strategy: Develop, socialize, and execute SEO strategy, backed by data and forecasts including keyword research and opportunity analysis.
- Own measurement: Design the KPI structure that you’ll use, and use data to make decisions week to week. You’ll set up, manage, and report on tests with a rigorous data and hypothesis driven approach to achieve results.
- Build distribution channels: You’ll be responsible for forging partnerships for content distribution and back-linking.
- Partner on technical SEO: You’ll work with Product and Engineering to ensure our site and its pages are well structured and optimized for bots and humans alike. You’ll SEO programs and tools and maintain good site/page hygiene and an error free Google crawl.
- Coordinate content creation: You will work with internal and external writers to bring our content strategy to life.
- Evangelize across the org: You will be the internal SEO subject matter expert and SEO evangelist, staying current with Google’s updates and industry trends.. You’ll work cross functionally with internal and external teams to implement SEO best practices.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years experience working in SEO with a demonstrable understanding of SEO best practices
- Deep familiarity with SEO industry tools including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, and Ahrefs
- A demonstrable track record of identifying SEO opportunities and growing traffic
- Proficiency in technical SEO; ability to identify and explain the business impact of opportunities pertaining to topics including: Google bot crawling and Google indexing, rendering, page speed and Core Web Vital performance, URL redirects, and canonical tags.
- Experience with content creation, managing or taking ownership of bringing content strategies to life that drives results for the company
- Exceptional quantitative skills for analyzing data, proposing actionable recommendations and taking action
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a track record of effective cross-functional collaboration
The hiring process is a two way street! We want to find someone for whom Mighty is the perfect fit. Please ask us lots of questions to ensure you are learning what you need to learn about us. Here is an overview of how and what we will be assessing throughout the process:
- Conversation with Matt Barnett to assess basic qualifications and answer your high level questions about the role
- Conversation with our SEO advisor to assess familiarity with SEO best practices and tools
- Conversation with our recruiting team to answer basic HR questions
- “On-site” (which will almost certainly be done remotely)
- A case study interview to assess strategic thinking and planning (this will include a couple hours of prep beforehand)
- An analytics interview to assess quantitative thinking
- A cross-functional stakeholder interview to assess communication
- A conversation with our founder, Josh Schwadron
- SEO strategy: Able to form a strategy that fits the space and our goals
- Industry best practices: Familiar with critical tools and methods
- Technical SEO: Understands the factors that drive page and keyword performance
- Quantitative analysis: Accurately interprets data to make decisions
- Content coordination: Can work with content creators to ensure quality, timely, relevant content
- Distribution: Can build partnerships beyond Mighty to improve backlinking, domain authority, etc.
- 5+ years working in SEO
- Is familiar with key industry tools and best practices
- Has designed and implemented an SEO and content strategy
- Has worked in a consumer-oriented SEO business
- High intellectual horsepower
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!