Mighty is looking to hire a Paralegal who will be instrumental in delivering legal services. You will be a self-motivated collaborator who values communication and integrity to help our clients navigate the legal process and reach their goals faster. You will also be passionate about technology, growth, and contributing to a mission-driven startup. As a Paralegal, you will be responsible for assisting the team by managing pre-suit documents and tasks, handling legal research and writing, drafting of legal documents, and managing the case flow to ensure that the client obtains the best experience and outcome. You will understand the fundamental value of independent work while collaborating across a cross-functional team environment and provide extraordinary service to clients.This role will be based in Atlanta, GA, New York, NY, or be fully remote (US Only).
What you’ll do:
Client Focused Tasks:
- Communicate with clients throughout the client’s journey so they fully understand the progress on their case.
- Direct management of the client’s case, including client intake and case setup; communication with clients, adjusters, medical providers and third parties related to the case; monitoring and reviewing case documents, treatment and medical/bill records
- Draft and prepare legal documents with client information, including LOR’s; ORRs; Medical/Bill Records Requests; Demand Packages; Subrogation; Reductions
- Engage in Preliminary Legal Research and Writing on basic issues.
- Engage with the team to understand legal strategy on each case to be in alignment with the client’s interest in reaching their goal, the team’s interest in moving clients forward and the Mighty’s interest in creating raving fans.
Administrative/ Team Tasks:
- Engage with the Team to create a collaborative culture including contributing and participating in team meetings, team activities and other growth opportunities.
- Keep files updated, organized and attorneys prepared.
- Create efficiencies through developing and refining Mighty’s systems including policies and procedures, templates, diagrams, work-flows, etc.
- Analyze case data to better understand how we can improve our services and the time we spend servicing our clients.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have 2-5 years of proven experience as a Paralegal
- Have a strong understanding of legal strategies and documents
- Are excited to learn new things and work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Are creative and have a desire to innovate and streamline processes
- Are capable of adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Are a self-motivated team player
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are comfortable with change, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Are technically proficient and have experience with cloud-based legal providers
- Are highly organized and have strong problem-solving skills
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!