Mighty is looking to bring on an experienced individual to lead our efforts in providing financing to medical providers who treat personal injury patients on lien. In this newly established role, the Vice President will be responsible for taking ownership of the entire origination process for direct to provider financing. You will work closely with the Head of Finance to identify opportunities and develop products and solutions that will leverage mighty’s best in class technology and access to the capital markets. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is excited by the challenge of building out an entire product and service line. The role can be fully remote (US only).
What you’ll do:
- Assist Head of Finance in identifying lending opportunities with medical providers.
- Interviews applicants to determine loan requirements and gathers pertinent information for loan applications.
- Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant’s financial status, credit, and asset evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan, establishes credit limit through written and/or oral assessment.
- Resolves uncertainties relating to customer application information through inquiries with applicants or creditors.
- Structure loans or investments within loan policy.
- Approves loan and investments within specified limits or champions loan opportunities to the credit department and/or Committee for proper approval.
- Prepares financing proposals consistent with approval for presentation to the applicant.
- Reviews loan documentation prior to closing for completeness and acceptance by the applicant.
- Ensures timely loan and investment closing and funding activities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with customers, bank staff, local professionals, centers of influence, and community organizations.
- Participate in community and professional organizations and events.
- Manage loan and investment portfolio including renewals, modifications, updated credit analysis, collections, and portfolio monitoring.
- Uses experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in lending, with a preference for existing experience within litigation finance and law firm lending
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related area.
- Are able to generate $10 million+ in new loan growth.
- Are able to exercise good judgment in establishing and maintaining working relationships, solve problems, and be able to deliver a high level of accuracy, focus and timeliness with limited supervision.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills along with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs/Products.
- Are able to read, analyze, and interpret policies, contracts, credit and financial documents as well as other legal documents as needed.
- Have strong analytical and mathematical capabilities as well as an understanding of credit underwriting and loan documentation.
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!