MicroVest is an asset management firm dedicated to applying a commercial framework to investing in unbanked and under-served markets. We focus on a sustainable investment process that provides private capital to low-income financial institutions. These institutions then extend productive loans to micro, small and medium businesses. We believe a commercial approach offers the most effective, scalable and sustainable solution for generating meaningful financial and social returns to our investors.
MicroVest’s team is talented and experienced finance professionals that have a demonstrated commitment to social justice and/or financial inclusion. MicroVest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Business Development Analyst will be part of the Business Development Team and support its efforts in: prospective investor research, identifying new development channels and help manage the prospects database. This position will report to the Managing Director of Business Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Research and develop potential investor leads;
- Assist with outreach strategies;
- Update Client Relationship Manager database (SalesForce) with outreach information and integrate data in our platform to support our digital transformation;
- Attend and organize meetings with prospective investors and take note of the interaction in SalesForce;
- Manage a monthly process that includes data entry into platforms; regulatory filing of subscriptions; and redemption notices to investors.
- Support BD team including Marketing in researching, planning, and preparing for conferences;
- Support the subscription and redemption process for the investors in all of MicroVest’s funds;
- Coordinate with internal parties and the fund administrator, to gather information and documents;
- Ensure the investor file and SalesForce records are accurate; Analyze different investor sectors (e.g. RIAs, Institutional Investors) and how MicroVest can best gain exposure in these markets;
- Conduct and synthesize Industry research to support business and market strategy discussions and focus marketing efforts;
- Strong research skills and attention to detail;
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or similar;
- Exposure from internships or 1-2 years of work experience in finance, auditing/accounting, sales/marketing, and/or wealth management;
- Strong writing and presentation preparation skills;
- General understanding and interest in impact investing.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MicroVest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.