Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and more than 90% of our alumni get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github's COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
🙋♀️ About the Role
We are excited to bring aboard a Program Coach who will be responsible for the facilitation and curation of experiences that supplement the interpersonal and professional skill development of Microverse students on our full-stack web development program.
In the program, students achieve the technical and soft skills required to thrive in remote jobs as software developers. For that purpose, we have designed a program based on peer-to-peer (without teachers or lectures), mastery-based (to adapt to students with different learning speeds), and project-based learning (quick and actionable feedback is provided by coaches and code reviewers).
As Program Coach, you will support students and help them make progress, achieve their learning goals, and move through the Core Program by supporting professional skill enhancement, content curation, and experience facilitation.
As the Program Coach, you will report directly to the Head of Student Success who owns the support function and processes for all students. You will also work closely with our curriculum lead and create generous feedback loops between our students, our product, and your expertise.
- Design and deliver facilitated workshops that allow students to focus on specific topics required to thrive in a remote working environment, including time management, collaboration, and imposter syndrome.
- Curate and own an ever-growing library of Information, Advice, and Guidance that supplements the professional and interpersonal skills of our students.
- Develop supplemental materials to enhance publicly available content, including Loom videos, worksheets, and templates.
- Support those students who are falling behind to catch up with progress planning, and set SMART goals so they can achieve Program completion.
- Provide limited 1-1 support to students experiencing wellbeing, stress-management, and impostor syndrome.
🎯 Experience & Skills Requirements
- 2+ years of experience researching, designing, and delivering professional development and/or soft skills workshops to groups of students.
- You’ve worked remotely and have delivered experiences virtually
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced startup and are comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- You have worked with globally distributed groups and understand the value of cultural diversity.
- You are data-driven and excited about using metrics to drive process improvements.
- You are tech-savvy and comfortable using several tools in your day-to-day.
😍 Ideally, you also...
- Are considered a Subject Matter Expert in professional and interpersonal skills development.
- Have experience using and/or developing scalable systems for helping and keeping students accountable.
- Thrive when facilitating experiences for large groups. You may have been a trainer, coach, a team leader with extensive coaching practice, or an internal SME who led professional development initiatives.
- Understand the professional skills needed for a software developer
- Love researching new theories and practices and sharing them with others.
- Are considered to be high empathy and have a practical mindset when required.
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world.
- Are based in Europe or Africa (for overlap with our UTC+1 students during their days and our UTC-6 students in their morning hours)
💰 Salary Description
At Microverse, all salaries are transparent, non-negotiable, and based on location and experience. Some example salaries for locations are below:
- Nairobi: $42,939
- London: $77,308
- Lusaka: $38,529
- Lisbon: $53,876
- Accra: $45,998
- Warsaw: $51,226
The equity compensation for this role is 0.029%
⏰ Time Zone & Hours
At Microverse, we strive to work asynchronously as much as possible in order to make global remote collaboration effective and efficient. However, we have core hours where every team member is expected to be available for meetings. Core hours at Microverse are 10:30 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Time, USA.
For max. overlap with the rest of the team members we accept candidates based in Africa, Europe, or the east coast of the Americas.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world.
- Leading all-remote working culture.
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months.
- Meet-the-team travel allowance.
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences.
- Hardware & office set up stipend.
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
📝 How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the keyword "sunshine" in the job listing to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without a keyword will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- The resume you send should be in English.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment, general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.