Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and more than 90% of our alumni get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github's COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
🙋♀️ About the Role
Microverse is looking for an experienced and driven Performance Marketing Specialist to lead our paid advertising strategy, management, and reporting in this next stage of our growth. This person will own our paid campaigns across our current channels as well as help us launch new paid channels, and own the management and optimizations of our landing page and other conversion rate optimizations for acquisition. They will be in charge of collaborating with others for new creative and copy, managing and optimizing campaigns across channels, and reporting on results weekly.
As the Performance Marketing Specialist, you will report to the Head of Marketing and work closely with the Marketing team. You should have strong paid social and search ad experience as well as CRO experience. This is the perfect role for you if you’re a passionate, hands-on professional who is ready to join a high-growth startup.
- Manage the performance side of digital marketing - Paid Search, Paid Social, including the following tools; FB Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Perform technical implementation of Paid Social & Search ad strategies, analytics, and digital strategy with ongoing campaign & budget management including optimizations
- Report on performance weekly while generating insights, calculating KPIs, and understanding how metrics affect each other
- Build a strategic roadmap and quarterly tactical plans for Paid Search & Social
- Strategize around, and work with a designer & copywriter to ideate and create new ad content
- Own CRO; the strategy for and experiments to improve conversion rates at the top of the funnel, including optimizing our landing page with tools like Google Optimize, Instapage
- Understand, implement and troubleshoot the tracking process
- Develop projections/proposals and understand the tools used to build them (Metabase, Google Data Studio, etc)
- Proactively bring new ideas and strategies to improve performance
- Help us identify and strategize around which new paid channels to enter
🎯 Experience & Skills Requirements
- 5+ years of hands-on digital marketing and paid advertising experience with proven success in designing and implementing an effective performance marketing strategy
- T-shaped Marketer that goes deep on Performance Marketing
- Have acquisition digital marketing experience with a focus on high consideration products/services, like education
- Have experience advertising to customers from multiple countries/regions
- Proficient with digital marketing reporting and analytical and data visualization tools like Metabase to manipulate data and extract insights
- Proficient with Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ad, Google Analytics, GTM
- Are analytical and data-driven, and enjoy working iteratively and experimenting
- Are a clear and concise communicator and can synthesize information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and determine actionable insights
😍 Ideally, you also...
- Are eager to experiment and learn
- Experience working remotely for a fast-growing startup
- Consider yourself a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world
- Certified in Google Ads Fundamentals, Search Advertising, and Google Analytics
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Are resourceful and a strong collaborator across teams
- Demonstrate a passion for the learning and education sector
💰 Salary Description
At Microverse, salaries are transparent and based on location and experience. The salary range for this role is $43,523.31 - $106,119.23 and we used Medellin and London for the range benchmarks. Some example salaries for locations are below:
Medellin: $43,523.31 - $53,831.46
Mexico City: $50,358.66 - $62,285.71
Miami: $65,848.01 - $81,443.59
London: $85,798.53 - $106,119.23
The equity compensation for this role is 0.052 - 0.064%.
⏰ Time Zone & Hours
At Microverse, we strive to work asynchronously as much as possible in order to make global remote collaboration effective and efficient. However, we have core hours where every team member is expected to be available for meetings. Core hours at Microverse are 10:30 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Time, USA.
For max. overlap with the rest of the team members we accept candidates based in Africa, Europe, or the east coast of the Americas.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world.
- Leading all-remote working culture.
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months.
- Meet-the-team travel allowance.
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences.
- Hardware & office set up stipend.
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
📝 How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the keyword "sunshine" in the job listing to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without a keyword will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- The resume you send should be in English.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment, general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.