Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and more than 90% of our alumni get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github's COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
🙋♀️ About the Role
Microverse is looking for an experienced and driven Social Media & Community Manager to lead community for our applicants, and our organic social strategy and content. This person will own Microverse’s strategy, presence, and engagement across organic social channels - Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube - create and strategize more ways to engage our community (ex. webinars, forums, UGC from students and alums) and identify opportunities across the internet to engage with our community. They will be in charge of developing our social media & applicant community strategy, creating processes for collecting UGC content, working with a designer to bring the content to life (images, videos, text, gifs, etc), leading and implementing campaigns and content across channels, and engaging with and moderating comments across our social channels, forums, and paid ads.
As the Social Media and Community Manager, you will report to the Head of Marketing and work closely with the Marketing and Admission teams. You should have strong experience in social media and community management at a B2C company or startup. The ideal candidate will be a passionate, hands-on, social-savvy, and customer-centric professional who is ready to join a high-growth startup.
- Lead our organic social and community strategy, including ideation and content across our current social channels in both English and Spanish - Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube
- Strategize and ideate new campaigns, working with a designer to bring new ideas and content to life, across channels
- Perform reporting on key metrics related to social media & community management
- Act on the behalf of our brand in English and Spanish, moderating and engaging with comments and community members across our social channels, forums, and more
- Manage social listening at Microverse to identify key conversations and trends, and engage in important discussions across the web
- Suggest and implement improvements to our social media and community management processes and communications
- Organize and facilitate local events (done remotely) with brand ambassadors and local community members
- Lead, coordinate and schedule our applicant-facing webinars, including connecting with alum and industry experts
- Respond to questions and perform community management at applicant webinars
- Help create our brand ambassador program and work to build out the community
- Help establish our brand as a thought leader in the ed-tech and future of work space
- Help launch other exciting social, content, or community initiatives, including but not limited to launching new channels, recording video and audio content, etc.
- Help us identify and strategize around new social channels, forums, community websites, etc to enter and engage in
🎯 Experience & Skills Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience and a track record of success working as a social media and community manager for a B2C brand, preferably a startup
- Fluent/Native English and Spanish communicator
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven success in designing and implementing an effective social media & community management strategy
- Experienced working with and strategizing across social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, LinkedIn)
- Experience engaging a large, tech-focused community
- Are analytical and data-driven, and enjoy working iteratively and experimenting
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions in a fast-changing environment
😍 Ideally, you also...
- Are eager to experiment and learn
- Experience working remotely for a fast-growing startup
- Experience building a brand ambassador program
- Consider yourself a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Are familiar with working with modern tools such as Buffer, Intercom, etc.
- Demonstrate a passion for the learning and education sector
💰 Salary Description
At Microverse, salaries are transparent and based on location and experience. The salary range for this role is $43,523.31 - $106,119.23 and we used Medellin and London for the range benchmarks. Some example salaries for locations are below:
- Medellin: $43,523.31 - $53,831.46
- Mexico City: $50,358.66 - $62,285.71
- Miami: $65,848.01 - $81,443.59
- London: $85,798.53 - $106,119.23
The equity compensation for this role is 0.052% - 0.064%.
⏰ Time Zone & Hours
At Microverse, we strive to work asynchronously as much as possible in order to make global remote collaboration effective and efficient. However, we have core hours where every team member is expected to be available for meetings. Core hours at Microverse are 10:30 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Time, USA.
For max. overlap with the rest of the team members we accept candidates based in Africa, Europe, or the east coast of the Americas.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world.
- Leading all-remote working culture.
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months.
- Meet-the-team travel allowance.
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences.
- Hardware & office set up stipend.
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
📝 How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the keyword "sunshine" in the job listing to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without a keyword will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- The resume you send should be in English.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment, general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.