Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and more than 90% of our alumni get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github's COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We're on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Growth Product Manager (PM) who will be responsible for launching innovative products and experiences to drive product-led growth at Microverse. You’ll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives initially focused on unlocking remarkable experiences for our applicants and engaging them as students in the Microverse program.
We use No Code tools like Integromat and Zapier to integrate across numerous third-party tools, so we're able to automate workflows and processes outside of traditional software development. We're looking for a scrappy PM interested in getting their hands dirty designing and building prototypes themselves to quickly drive change. Experimenting and iterating will be a big part of your day-to-day work as you strive to achieve your OKRs.
The Growth area will start as a squad of one. Though you'll have access to designers and developers on our Program squad to collaborate with, the right person for this role is excited to ideate, prototype, and launch your own work. The Growth Product Manager will report to the Head of Product & Learning, and day-to-day you'll work with cross-functional team members, particularly with Marketing and Admissions.
We are currently growing our Product Development teams nearly from the ground up. You'll get an opportunity to be a highly impactful member of a fast-growing, mission-driven start-up with ambitious goals and a strong culture of care and collaboration.
While we are highly communicative and collaborative, we are also highly asynchronous and strive to abide by remote-first best practices. You'll send a lot of Loom videos, respond to Twist threads, and have comment conversations on documentation before meetings, so we can all stay off Zoom and maintain our flexible working schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team through the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products that drive Growth (initially focused on student acquisition, but open to other growth areas of the company like expanding employer partnerships).
- Monitor the market and develop competitive analyses to drive Growth product development strategy.
- Actively and compassionately listen to our applicants and develop clear user personas we can use in product discovery and development.
- Balance your deep understanding of our user needs with our OKRs and business needs to define a product strategy and prioritize opportunities and requests accordingly.
- Evaluate opportunities based on business feasibility, and collaborate with operational teams to ensure cost effectiveness of solutions.
- Write product requirements, user stories, and be willing to dive into prototyping and launching Growth products with whatever tool is the best fit, either utilizing current tools we use like Integromat, Zapier, Gather.town, Webflow, etc. or adding a new one to the mix.
- Develop products in an iterative way with a focus on MVPs and running experiments to ensure the viability of changes before cementing them into the service.
- Perform idea feedback collection from applicants, students, and staff and run a product discovery process to turn it into a refined backlog prioritized for development work, initially by you and later by other designers and developers.
- Develop business requirements and specification documents.
- Develop KPIs and agile/development metrics for measuring progress at team and feature levels.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Growth / Product Management.
- Proven track record for driving growth using a variety of models.
- Highly structured and analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a track record of effectively prioritizing, communicating, and coordinating efforts across teams.
- Highly empathetic toward our users and sensitive to their particular needs.
- Experience prototyping and launching using third-party tools and no-code integration solutions (like Integromat).
- Again: tools, tools, tools! You know tools, or know there is probably an existing tool out there and are not afraid to find it and add it to our No Code ecosystem if it makes sense to do so.
- Excited by defining opportunities and developing solutions.
- Love experimenting and following it up with hands-on iteration to drive change quickly.
- Ability to conduct qualitative user interviews and quantitative research to explain and validate findings, without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Experience taking new product ideas from zero to one; skilled at iterative sprints.
- Experience using analytics and data to inform product decisions and measure post-launch impact.
- Experience leveraging a wide variety of product-based analytics and a method for balancing instinct and data.
- Experience working in a startup (fast-growth environment & technology-focused company).
- Have driven growth in a start-up
- Have a background in design that you can bring to designing experiences and workflows to drive growth
- Understand the best practices in software development
- Have worked remotely and asynchronously, especially for a startup
- Have cross-cultural professional experience
- Have experience with SQL
- Will write the keyword "cake" somewhere in your cover letter
At Microverse, salaries are non-negotiable, transparent, and based on location and experience. The salary range for this role could be between $65,055.89 - $151,276.35 depending on experience level and location. We used Medellín and London for the location range benchmarks.
Some example salaries for locations are below:
- Medellin: $65,055.89 - $76,738.46
- London: $128,246.22 - $151,276.35
- Lagos: $86,335.67 - $101,839.61
- Buenos Aires: $69,726.82 - $82,248.19
- Madrid: $94,979.35 - $112,035.51
- Cape Town: $79,776.70 - $94,102.80
- New York City: $122,387.35 - $144,365.36
The equity compensation for this role is 0.0940%
Core Working Hours
At Microverse, we strive to work asynchronously as much as possible in order to make global remote collaboration effective and efficient. However, we have core hours where every team member is expected to be available for meetings. Core hours at Microverse are 10:30 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Time, USA. If you live on the West Coast of North America or in East Africa/Europe, this will probably impact your daily schedule more than other team members.
Why you might be excited about us
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world.
- Leading all-remote working culture.
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months.
- Meet-the-team travel allowance.
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences.
- Hardware & office set up stipend.
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the keyword in the job listing to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without an introduction including the keyword will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment, general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.