Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and more than 90% of our alumni get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github's COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We're on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
About the Role
With thousands of applicants each month, Microverse is looking for an Admissions Operations Manager to help monitor and act upon our key KPIs and own the operations, improvement, and reporting for our cornerstone programs.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, scrappy, tool-savvy, process- and data-driven professional who has experience in business operations, business management, or business consulting in a fast-paced or startup environment.
If you enjoy managing, scaling, and improving processes and using data to make predictions and strategic decisions, then this job is perfect for you.
As the Admissions Operations Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Admissions, who oversees the entire Admissions funnel. You will also work closely with the Applicant Success team to ensure we meet our monthly KPIs and with the Product team to implement larger solutions or processes.
- Create and maintain data models that predict, track, and report on our most important Admissions-level KPIs for each new cohort (e.g., enrollments, quality of enrollments, conversion rates).
- Launch small-scale, no-code process improvements and experiments and work alongside the Product team to launch larger or more complex solutions.
- Monitor key metrics, identify pain points, and further automate the daily backend operations conducted by the Applicant Success team.
- Own the end-to-end operations and improvement of our largest Admissions-led initiatives (e.g., Microverse Practice Sessions) and partnership programs (e.g., Hackers In Residence partnership).
- 2+ years of experience designing, owning, and improving high-quality and complex operations in a fast-paced or startup environment.
- Basic data analysis skills to track the performance towards achieving operational KPIs.
- Capacity to quickly master no-code/SaaS tools (e.g. Integromat, Zapier, Airtable, etc).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactiveness at identifying operational issues and experimenting with creative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive decisions based on data.
- Be comfortable with change, ambiguity, and autonomy in a fast-paced environment—we're a startup, so change and ambiguity are certainties, not possibilities.
- Great prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience working remotely for a fast-growing startup.
- Are based in Africa, Europe, or the east coast of the Americas (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team).
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world.
- Are familiar with working with modern tools such as Airtable, Zapier, Integromat, etc.
At Microverse, salaries are transparent and based on location and experience. The salary range for this role could be between $44,210.52 - $87,153.24. We used Medellín and New York City for the range benchmarks.
Some example salaries for locations are below:
- Medellin: $44,210.52
- London: $87,153.24
- Lagos: $58,671.78
- Buenos Aires: $47,384.78
- Madrid: $64,545.83
- Cape Town: $54,214.45
- New York City: $83,171.69
The equity compensation for this role is 0.0655%.
Core Working Hours
At Microverse, we strive to work asynchronously as much as possible in order to make global remote collaboration effective and efficient. However, we have core hours where every team member is expected to be available for meetings. Core hours at Microverse are 10:30 am to 12:30 pm Eastern Time, USA. If you live on the West Coast of North America or in East Africa/Europe, this will probably impact your daily schedule more than other team members.
Why you might be excited about us
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world.
- Leading all-remote working culture.
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months.
- Meet-the-team travel allowance.
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences.
- Hardware & office set up stipend.
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave.
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the keyword in the job listing to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without an introduction including the keyword will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to get back to you if we decide to move forward with your application.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment, general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.