With recent FDA approval for the first-of-its-kind stroke rehabilitation system, the Vivistim Paired VNS System, MicroTransponder is set to launch their new product and continue building out the funnel of new products to bring to market. The Corporate Controller is a key hands-on leader, responsible for all aspects of financial management including corporate accounting, cost accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, revenue recognition, and the development and implementation of control policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include overseeing and analyzing financial and accounting data while advising top executives to make strategic decisions about the organization’s growth outlook. This individual will have the opportunity to build on and lead the team of A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition functions.
- Responsible for hands-on approach to all aspects of an organization’s finances and accounting department, ensuring compliance with tax laws and regulations specific to the medical device and healthcare industry in the US and Europe.
- Support financial analysis and reporting of gross margin improvement initiatives. Financial planning activities include the organic execution model, the annual plan, standard cost setting, capital planning, and headcount planning. Financial analysis includes insource versus outsource, ROI decisions, and strategic analysis related to manufacturing locations and COGs. Accounting activities include the monthly accounting close, variance analysis, inventory reserve analysis, capital project tracking and fixed asset capitalization. Monthly reporting of results versus plan.
- Lead the quarterly LBE (Latest Best Estimate) and MBR (Monthly Business Review) processes and provide clear and logical Revenue and P&L analytics. You will work closely with the Commercial team to develop a comprehensive understanding of the business strategy, market, products, and key accounts
- Lead the performance management of the business and evaluation of direct reports, leadership of all relevant planning & LBE processes, establishment and maintenance of internal controls over cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, and compliance with all corporate policies, and effective financial input into key strategic initiatives.
- Establishes guidelines and directs the preparation of budgets and forecast updates, coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, oversee the month-end and year-end close process, in accordance with GAAP, the Sunshine Act, and MicroTransponder Requirements.
- Identifies, audits, and analyzes business problems and opportunities and evaluates the financial and operational results of the relevant functions.
- Furnishes management with findings and recommendations needed to make significant operational decisions which impact profitability and cash flow.
- Encourages the professional and management development of the finance and accounting personnel.
- Provide leadership with current performance assessments, trend analyses, recommended success metrics and proposals for improvements
- Partner with commercial, marketing, and supply chain teams to assess, prioritize and communicate key division strategic initiatives as well as drive margin improvement and simplification projects
- Produce high impact business analyses and decision support to optimize sales growth, market share gains, impact of new product launches, and profitability
- Prepare financial modeling and ad hoc analysis
- Must be able to explain audit results and influence other's understandings of audit observations in a tactful and professional manner.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical device manufacturing.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Required: 10-12 years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience
- Preferred: Experience in implantable medical device market
- Passionate about making a difference in patient care
- Well organized and able to balance numerous projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced communication and leadership skills required.
- Ability to balance between the strategic perspective and proper attention to detail when a hands-on approach is required.
- Wide ranging financial experience, including planning, controls and strategic planning and execution of those plans.
- Financial expertise: Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify and concisely communicate the business implications of forecasts and actual results. Ad hoc analysis and preparation of presentations for senior leadership is a critical component of this role. Strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles with the ability to apply this knowledge to support business needs.
- Leadership: This individual will lead directly and indirectly as the key communicator between Finance, R&D, Operations and Commercial. Must possess demonstrated leadership skills, including influencing others, and the ability to direct the efforts and development of managers and analysts.
- Communication: This role interfaces with multiple levels within the organization; excellent communication skills are essential. Interaction with multiple levels of the organization will require demonstrated maturity, professionalism and tactfulness.
- Deliver Results: Candidate must manage multiple priorities and changing customer demands under tight timelines. Ability to effectively manage workload to ensure deadlines are not missed is critical. The individual must be highly motivated and have a desire to innovate and drive productive change. The ability to work effectively in teams, as well as independently, is essential.
Education & Work Requirements:
- Four (4) year university degree required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
- Additional startup or small company experience preferred.
This is a full -time role with competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits.
U.S. Permanent Work Authorization required.
MicroTransponder, Inc. (www.microtransponder.com) is a privately held medical device development company with a strong neuroscience research focus. An experienced team of scientists and engineers has developed a neurostimulation technology platform to treat neurological conditions, including post-stroke motor rehabilitation and tinnitus.