This position is responsible for achieving the sales and clinical expectations of the assigned geographic region and business segment. Success is realized by building strong customer relationships, hiring and effectively managing direct reports (sales representatives and clinical specialists), executing the defined launch and sales plan and advancing the clinical and commercial success of MicroTransponder’s Vivistim® system for Stroke.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
The keys to success will include executing the go-to-market strategy of MicroTransponder’s Vivistim® Paired-VNS Therapy. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales and interacts extensively with other departments within the organization to maximize clinical outcomes and ensure the complete satisfaction of our patients, physicians, and healthcare customers.
- Help successfully recruit, hire and train Territory Managers and Clinical Specialists prior to full launch of Vivistim® in the United States.
- Personally oversee and manage existing implanting and rehabilitation accounts during soft launch of Vivistim® Therapy.
- Launch first-to-market Vivistim® Paired VNS Therapy to Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R/Physiatry), Neurosurgery, and Physical Therapy specialties within hospitals, rehabilitation and ASCs.
- Develops plans and strategies for developing key new healthcare physician customers and accounts.
- Minimally achieves and preferably exceeds monthly, quarterly, and annual new account sales and therapy adoption goals.
- Demonstrates daily accountability toward meeting and preferably exceeding sales objectives.
- Manages accounts in the assigned geography by preparing account plans for top accounts and proactive strategies for pursuing each new healthcare customer.
- Exceeds customer expectations and contributes to a high level of customer/patient satisfaction.
- Provides detailed and accurate sales forecasting by maintaining reporting minimally weekly.
- Prepares thorough and detailed product presentations for prospect accounts and physicians.
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity and provides feedback to company leadership.
- Works closely with the company’s marketing department to establish successful patient/customer adoption at each individual account and referring site.
- Manages customer relationships and provides leadership in closing strategic opportunities.
- Leads the regional team in all aspects of sales and clinical planning, execution and accountability.
- Constant driver of sales excellence and possesses a “sense of urgency” in goal attainment.
- Demonstrates outstanding product, technical, and clinical expertise.
- Completes all administrative requirements on time and accurately.
- Maintains company standards involving ethical and moral character while professionally representing the company.
Travel Requirements: This position requires daily travel within defined geography and may require business travel of up to 75% within defined geography. Occasional attendance of local and national industry meetings, trade shows, and sales meetings is also required.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree (preferably in life sciences, business, nursing, or medical product marketing preferred)
- Have a minimum of 5 years of documented, successful sales leadership experience with supporting results.
- Experience selling directly to the specialty (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R/Physiatry), Neurosurgery, Interventional Pain Management and Physical Therapy) healthcare physician communities.
- Successfully representing and launching a revolutionary, pioneering, and disruptive technology strongly preferred.
- Strong PM&R, Neurosurgery, and PT relationships and KOL development experience.
- Rehabilitation experience especially related to Stroke patient recovery strongly preferred.
- Previous implantable, programmable neuromodulation experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and success selling to the C-level of large hospital/clinic or ambulatory surgical centers with C-level relationships throughout the region.
- Experience selling regional and/or national purchasing organizations (NPO/GPOs), national/regional hospital networks, and individual hospitals/surgery centers.
- Start-up experience related to accountability, culture and professional opportunity.
- Solid process orientation demonstrated resource management/allocation experience, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Intellectual, self-starter and independent thinker, with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Robust interpersonal skills, with evidence of teamwork and collaboration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with customers and patients at all levels.
- Creative thinker and appropriate risk taker.
- Ability to influence decision makers in a large and complex environment.
- Capable of selling new solutions in mature markets.
- Understands and is able to operate within associated legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Work well in cross matrix organization.
MicroTransponder, Inc. (www.microtransponder.com) is a privately held medical device development company with a strong neuroscience research focus. An experienced team of scientists and engineers has developed a neurostimulation technology platform to treat neurological conditions, including post-stroke motor rehabilitation and tinnitus.