Mic is a diverse news and media company for young people. Our mission is to inform, inspire, and empower our generation to make change happen. Each month, more than 65 million young people rely on Mic to make sense of the world.
Mic is seeking a Vice President of People & Culture to oversee all aspects of human resource management, practices, and operations for the entire business. This position will be responsible for providing HR counsel to the executive leadership team as well as driving talent management, recruiting, organizational development, and employee relations. We are looking for someone who is exceptionally imaginative, adaptable, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission. This position reports directly to the CEO and co-founder of the company.
- Work side by side with the CEO and CSO to analyze, develop, and strengthen company culture every day.
- Create and develop people practices that fit Mic, helping build and support cultural initiatives including talent assessment and planning, performance management, and culture development.
- Establish an HR program that fosters an environment of creativity and innovation with metrics that align with key business initiatives.
- Lead company’s strategic organizational development.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition team to ensure recruiting activities attract top talent in the industry.
- Manage the Culture & Workplace Operations team, continuing to strengthen Mic’s social programs and initiatives.
- Effectively coach executive and senior leadership in matters relating to people and HR processes, to drive high performance and motivate all employees.
- Work closely with the SVP of Finance to ensure high standards of professional and ethical conduct are maintained throughout our company, and full compliance with our legal obligations.
- Oversee payroll, benefits, time and attendance, and insurance.
- Human Resources leader with 10-15 years of experience working at both a strategic and executional level.
- Strong understanding of organizational issues, with the ability to lead and influence change from the executive to entry level.
- Thought leader with track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions, consistent with the company’s core values.
- Ability to structure an interconnected sourcing, interviewing, and closing process.
- Ability to build a unique narrative around the company, to be communicated to all current and future employees.
- Strong understanding on compensation philosophy and structure.
- Experience evaluating benefits packages to best suit a company as it scales.
- Command of HR regulations, laws and requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and previous exposure to high-growth enterprises is a plus.
- Excited about the challenge of fostering and strengthening a young, smart community of journalists, creatives, salespeople, and beyond.
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.